IGNORED

FS: Atari 7800 "Value Pack" Console Bundle

sixersfan105

Thought I would give the AA community a shot at this rare collectible before heading to eBay. It's my understanding that Atari shipped a small number of these "Value Pack" 7800 console bundles towards the end of 7800 sales in the early 1990s in an effort to move some back-stock of games. Originally, the four CIB games (Galaga, Xevious, Robotron: 2084 and Ms. Pac-Man) were shrink-wrapped to the back of the console box. Note the sticker on the console box advertising the Value Pack contents. The console (A3 variant) matches the serial number of the box. Everything is tested and works great.

I purchased this a few months back from the original owner, who said it got very minimal play, if any. The console itself and accessories are all in very good shape. The joysticks play extremely well - probably the best I've ever come across, with excellent response from the joystick and side buttons - not mushy at all! The CIB games are all still sealed but Galaga has a tear in the plastic on the side. The box has wear. Metal plates on the console and both joysticks still have the protective plastic covering on them. Please see pictures for exact condition of all items.

This bundle comes with everything you need to start gaming as soon as you open up the box, including a modern RF adapter (no need to use that silly switchbox, which is only included for completeness).

I had great difficulty pricing this, as these are so incredibly hard to find, so an eBay auction might be my best bet, but I thought $200 shipped here in the AA forums seemed quite fair.

This will ship well-packed and fully insured via USPS Priority Mail.

Please PM me with interest and with any questions. Thanks!

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_3026.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3031.jpg

IMG_3027.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

IMG_3035.jpg

IMG_3036.jpg

IMG_3037.jpg

IMG_3038.jpg

IMG_3039.jpg

IMG_3040.jpg

IMG_3032.jpg

IMG_3033.jpg

IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3021.jpg

IMG_3022.jpg

IMG_3023.jpg

IMG_3024.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

Andddd the guy who bought this from me has it listed for $999.99 OBO on eBay and errantly claims it was a Blockbuster Video exclusive. LOLs all around...

So that's how he interpreted "this blockbuster offer" from the sticker. Ugh

5 minutes ago, cvga said:

So that's how he interpreted "this blockbuster offer" from the sticker. Ugh

Yup...I shot him a note explaining to him that "blockbuster" was used by Atari as an adjective for marketing purposes and that it was sold at numerous retailers towards the end of the 7800 life cycle, but I doubt he'll edit his listing. His prerogative, I suppose. Oh well.

2 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Unfortunately he’s not the only one to take this approach. There’s another individual that’s been selling lose carts in a similar fashion on eBay. 

There is also a guy who sells pinball and arcade games with what might be his daughter or his wife slinking around or leaning on the machine, and it states clearly in the auction "girl not included" (or similar verbiage.)  I think most of us are familiar with the phenomenon of exhibitionist eBay sellers who will either show parts of their bodies or nudity via distorted reflections, etc.  Fun stuff.

2 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

Lol yeah, pretty ridiculous. In the description he says to "visit his store to see the best view"....hmm, I wonder what he's referring to? hahaha

"Please look at photos closely this is exactly what you will receive...."  heheheh

What, that was fun.  Back to computers and games.

10 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

There is also a guy who sells pinball and arcade games with what might be his daughter or his wife slinking around or leaning on the machine, and it states clearly in the auction "girl not included" (or similar verbiage.)  I think most of us are familiar with the phenomenon of exhibitionist eBay sellers who will either show parts of their bodies or nudity via distorted reflections, etc.  Fun stuff.

I certainly hope it's his wife. Using his daughter would be really gross. Not that I condone using wives as props, either.

9 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

"Please look at photos closely this is exactly what you will receive...."  heheheh

What, that was fun.  Back to computers and games.

Hahahahaha! Would like to see a claim filed under the eBay Money Back Guarantee: "Item not as described." ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1