IGNORED

CX-40 joystick repair

xrbrevin

I don't think there are any in Europe. Best Electronics has newly made ones but whether he'll ship directly to Europe seems to depend on his mood or at least the total weight of the package. As he does not seem to want resellers it's unlikely for his inner handles to be available from someone else. 

You could try to print/have printed the 3D-print design with a better material (PVC iso PLA) or with one of those liquid solidification printers, resulting in a stronger and less brittle build. (If you have a printer yourself and can identify the failing points, it might work to print with a different orientation and/or infill or try a stronger design. IIRC the lower part that is prone to break does not have severe space constraints and could be designed thicker. In my experience solid PLA printed parts are pretty tough.)

thanks

i usually get stung for import tax with a best order so id rather avoid it if poss.

i tried the 3d print model on thingiverse that closely resembles the original part but it failed immediately due to lack of flex. there is another design that is fully filled-in which is currently being printed - ill report back but i expect the action to be very tight with little travel in the handle. probably means accelerated wear for PCB parts too...

i had also tried to plastic-weld the broken original but the white zip-tie donor material would not mix with the atari ABS. i have considered using flexible plastic and glue to reinforce the broken part, i think ill give it a go now.