IGNORED

FLASHBACK!

keithbk

What's your favorite Flashback Unit from AtGames and why? 

Mine is the Atari Handheld portable. Ever since I saw Ben Heck's handheld portable, I really wanted an Atari handheld, and this is the closest and best option for my needs.

Also, on a personal note, my ROM for Another Adventure works on it, so this made me giddy with delight (my game on a handheld, what???) :)

• Like 2

So far, I'm really liking the FB9. Its updated scan line filter looks great and the SD card slot makes it so much more useable. Hate the mushy controllers with long throws though. Wish they would have stuck to the build quality of the controllers back several incarnations ago. Of course you can use real Atari sticks, but then you lose the menu button. Oh, and bummer about lack of paddle support. All in all though, seems like a great little system for the money.

I would definitely say it's the Flashback 9 Gold since it offers the most games out of the box, has that SD card slot for adding new games, and uses Stella to emulate the games.

The Flashback X (10) would be a close second because while it lacks the SD slot and only has the standard model with 110 games, it is still using Stella for emulation and seems to be actually trying to make itself look the part of a "Mini/Classic" console released by Nintendo, Sega and Sony.

1876882193_atariflashbackx10.thumb.jpg.d64b210b66ca92574a420863b557b2f8.jpg

Presentation-wise, it's the best and most accurate Flashback to date, but I am a tinkerer at heart and prefer the creature features of front controller ports and the ability to add more games by just loading one of the many old digital camera SD cards I have lying around.