IGNORED

Boulder Dash Atari 2600

Thorium

Well I don’t feel to bad then.  Whoever is bidding against me counters my bid fairly quickly, so I’m sure I’ll be outbid soon.  For some reason I really need this game in my life right now. The sad part is that I’m just going to open it up and play it.  I’m not interested in the collectability. Do you miss playing this game?  I know it’s available on other systems, but I really like the 2600 version.  I should have kept my first copy that was signed by Andrew.  I didn’t know that $250 was such a good deal at the time. Funny how things work out.

25 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

I sold mine for more than that, not on ebay.

Edited by adamchevy

OK this is just getting weird. 

Hey that is me at $395.

I usually don't bid until the end, thanks for reminding me. 

(retracts bids)

Don't worry I will put them back. 

Can you simply "put them back"? I have never retracted a bid in my 25+ year ebay "career" but I don't think that is how it works. 

. "Here is my following dot" (To see how this plays out) :lol::P

OK this is just getting weird.    Hey that is me at $395. I usually don't bid until the end, thanks for reminding me.  (retracts bids) Don't worry I will put them back.    Can you simply "put them back"? I have never retracted a bid in my 25+ year ebay "career" but I don't think that is how it works. 

. "Here is my following dot" (To see how this plays out) atariage_icon_lol.gif[emoji14]

Well the amount of bids no, but the amount of your last total bid, yep. And retracting a bid is allowed by eBay up until the last 12 hours of an auction. It’s not uncommon, or unusual.     

I see two large bid retractions. That's really lame, if not dishonest, on the bidders. I'd consider pulling the auction if this were my game.

It’s also not lame, or dishonest. That’s your opinion, and that’s fine.  I have it happen fairly regularly when I sell on eBay. My personal opinion is that it’s annoying, and I apologize for messing with this auction.

1 hour ago, adamchevy said:

Well the amount of bids no, but the amount of your last total bid, yep. And retracting a bid is allowed by eBay up until the last 12 hours of an auction. It’s not uncommon, or unusual.   

It’s also not lame, or dishonest. That’s your opinion, and that’s fine.  I have it happen fairly regularly when I sell on eBay.

I'm not trying to attack you personally. I don't think you're being dishonest but I do think pulling a bid after you made it is generally in poor taste. You've been upfront about it though and we can (kind of) see your thought process. Now I'm wondering why the other bidder retracted their bid.

• Like 1

I'm not trying to attack you personally. I don't think you're being dishonest but I do think pulling a bid after you made it is generally in poor taste. You've been upfront about it though and we can (kind of) see your thought process. Now I'm wondering why the other bidder retracted their bid.

I wonder the same thing. I’m currently the high bidder. I’m not sure why the other guy hasn’t countered yet.
When I bid on a private auction I always wonder if there’s something fishy going on. I’m not saying their is in this case, but it is nice to get some indication that I’m not getting shill bid.

7 hours ago, adamchevy said:

I wonder the same thing. I’m currently the high bidder. I’m not sure why the other guy hasn’t countered yet.
When I bid on a private auction I always wonder if there’s something fishy going on. I’m not saying their is in this case, but it is nice to get some indication that I’m not getting shill bid.

There is nothing fishy going on. I allow private bidding just because some people don't want to have their name shown to everyone.

It's probably the case that the other guy is thinking that something fishy is going on because someone retracted their bid and then this person retracted their bid as well.

It is true that you can retract a bid, but that is meant for mistakes, like you mistakenly put a zero to much on your amount.

I think it's not a nice move by you, because it clearly made someone question the auction. But i am still happy to sell it to you and will not end the auction prematurely.

• Like 1

There is nothing fishy going on. I allow private bidding just because some people don't want to have their name shown to everyone.
It's probably the case that the other guy is thinking that something fishy is going on because someone retracted their bid and then this person retracted their bid as well.

It is true that you can retract a bid, but that is meant for mistakes, like you mistakenly put a zero to much on your amount.
I think it's not a nice move by you, because it clearly made someone question the auction. But i am still happy to sell it to you and will not end the auction prematurely.

That’s True, I hope things go well with your auction.