IGNORED

Season 9 ~ Week 9 ~ Bronze Medal Pick

Vocelli

G.I. Joe 2,230 4,640. FINALLY starting to get the hang of this game. I realized that my problem was less about defending the Joes than hitting the Cobra, which is where the real points are. So I'm trying to keep enough Joes alive to stay in the game while focusing on hitting our reptilian friend.

G.I. Joe - Cobra Strike (1983) (Parker Bros)_6.png

Edited by AtariWarlord
Got higher score.
  • Like 1

Just because I always appreciate the tips people give.  Right now I am just over 19k.

1. Pressing the button stops the shield.  This is particularly useful when trying to block the energy beam.  It simultaneously fires so, while I have never successfully done it you could block and attack in the same movement.  When you release the button it will take the current pot level so you can come out of that state really fast or slow depending on how far you've turned the paddle.

2.  Bigger implication for points.  There is a tone that is played randomly during the game.  If you hit the snake right after the tone you will instakill the snake and get 10k.  Ironically the only time I have done it, I had the audio muted.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here is my best so far.

Also, the number at the bottom is how many times you have hit the snake.  I feel that is useful to know as well since if you can take the snake out before it's shot kills your commando, sometimes that is better than hoping you can make it all across the screen for the save.

gijoe.png

• Like 4