IGNORED

Season 9 ~ Week 9 ~ Bronze Medal Pick

Vocelli

1 minute ago, ZilchSr said:

The bonus shot opportunity is 100% completely random. It can happen 2 frames after a new cobra appears, it can happen 3 cobras in a row, and at the other extreme, you can play for an hour and it won't show up once.

Thats really interesting!!  Just out of curiosity where did you find this information....I am a huge programming nerd and I get off on this stuff.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gbag said:

Thats really interesting!!  Just out of curiosity where did you find this information....I am a huge programming nerd and I get off on this stuff.

RAM addresses 00C1 and 00C7 together act as a frame counting system, and it *appears* as though if 00C1 & 00C7 match specific values on the first frame of the new wave, the opportunity will present itself during that wave, with another value determining how many frames into the wave the tone will sound. I'm think ROM address f088 has something to do with it.

image.png.5d1c65e5f9553de879800b211356bdb7.png

Edited by ZilchSr

On 10/20/2019 at 7:03 PM, ZilchSr said:

RAM addresses 00C1 and 00C7 together act as a frame counting system, and it *appears* as though if 00C1 & 00C7 match specific values on the first frame of the new wave, the opportunity will present itself during that wave, with another value determining how many frames into the wave the tone will sound. I'm think ROM address f088 has something to do with it.

image.png.5d1c65e5f9553de879800b211356bdb7.png

Have you ever considered doing a YouTube channel on stuff like this, even if it's just to explain how a certain event in a game happens? I know nothing about the language 2600 games were programmed in (I thought it was BASIC but it doesn't look like any BASIC I've ever seen) but specific examples of even just little things like this could be incredibly useful (or at least interesting).

Edited by AtariWarlord