Atari2008

Recommended homebrews?

It's been a really long time since I've bought a homebrew and there looks to be many great ones to choose from. Which ones do folks really like and highly recommend almost like must haves? Been playing my 2600 a lot lately, and would like to get it something brand new. :)

If you are a big fan of handheld electronic football games of the past, I LOVE BLiP Football.

Meanwhile, Draconian is a faithful reproduction of the Bosconian Arcade game and I HIGHLY recommend it.

• Like 1

I would have to give Cannonhead Clash a shout out. Very faithful to the older style of 2600 games and impressively fun with a friend. Not to mention there isn't many two player homebrews kicking around. What i like about it is the simplicity, it really is all about gameplay. Great game that deserves more notice.

• Like 4

Further more, I highly recommend any of John Champeau's games, Mappy, Scrabble, Super Cobra, etc.  A few others that I enjoy playing are Astronomer, Thrust Plus Platinum, and Space Rocks.  So many to chose from...

• Like 2

PRGE is coming soon. After the show there will be some great new homebrews in the AA store.

• Like 3

These are great suggestions! Wow I'm really excited to get quite a few of these. I'm glad there are so many homebrews to pick from, it's great that the 2600 is still very much alive. 😊

• Like 1