IGNORED

Fighter Command, Combat II and RealSports Basketball ROMS Released!

Dutchman2000

As promised, here are the 2600 ROM binaries for some games I recently discovered over the summer.  There will be more soon!

RealSports Basketball appears to be the same version that is already out there, but I am including it as it was part of the find. 

Combat II (6-1-83).bin Fighter Command.bin RealSports Basketball.bin

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great stuff, Tempest! Nicely done, as usual.

Thanks for sharing the ROM, Dutchman!

My two cents: Sounds like Firefox. If it had the capability to fire missiles from the back of the jet, that would likely be the proof. Alas, we are left only to speculate... again.

3 hours ago, bfstats said:

Great stuff, Tempest! Nicely done, as usual.

Thanks for sharing the ROM, Dutchman!

My two cents: Sounds like Firefox. If it had the capability to fire missiles from the back of the jet, that would likely be the proof. Alas, we are left only to speculate... again.

I share your suspicions, especially due to the fact you start in a hangar like in the film.

Dutchman thanks for all your hard work.

Didn't Fox have the license, and couldn't it be that licensing issues may have led to name changes? Examples: Bank Heist was originally called Bonnie and Clyde, then Roaring Twenties. Crash Dive was originally called Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. Since we're speculating anyway, let's assume anything is possible.

9 minutes ago, Tempest said:

Maybe, but Atari did do the arcade game.  You'd think they'd also have the home rights too.  

...and it was released in 1982 by Warner Bros., another indicator of a possible Atari connection. We'll figure this out yet...

1 hour ago, chewy said:

do you think they just were reusing a "combat two" cart and eproms and didnt take time to change the info, it was the 80s afterall lol

Nope.  They would have had to remove the labels to erase the EPROMs for reuse.  We are not sure at all why the game is labeled Combat II. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...