IGNORED

A7800 games spreadsheet

lazzeri

So here´s something I´ve being playing with for some time now: Excel spreadsheets to control my collection with ease and some visual clues. Already done it for A2600 & A5200, now I´ve made something similar for the A7800.

Main points:

• Games are divided by companies, with an Index linking to each individual company. Index also sums everything.
  • There are checkbox for marking if you have a cart, box, manual and if your copy is sealed. Also some blank spaces for comments and to write down occasional extras.
  • If you check having a cart, that cart name will be marked in light green; If you have a complete game (cart, manual, box) the game name will change color to dark green. And if you check as a sealed copy, it will become "Golden" (actually yellow ?). Everything´s fully automatic.
  • When checking any of the checkboxes, the spreadsheet automatically sums everything everywhere, including in the Index page.

Hope that´s usefull for anybody else. If you have suggestions or find errors (typos, wrong info, whatever) please let me know.

Please note that it works on Excel. Apparently checkboxes don´t work on Google Docs. Haven´t tried in OpenOffice.

- Index page showing a summary of everything:

7800_Index.thumb.jpg.10ac34ca72829e974aae5f29ad34a81a.jpg

- Example showing some marked games and the changed colors that act as visual clues.

7800_Example.thumb.jpg.55973dca66e649209af34d8efbeb4c55.jpg

Checklist_A7800_v1.xlsx

Edited by lazzeri
  • Like 4

Yeah, mixed feelings about it.

AFAIK Sentinel was PAL only BIDT and the NTSC version was a limited release homebrew, that´s why I haven´t added it. But I don´t know if that´s entirely true.

Can someone shed some light? ?

3 hours ago, lazzeri said:

Yeah, mixed feelings about it.

AFAIK Sentinel was PAL only BIDT and the NTSC version was a limited release homebrew, that´s why I haven´t added it. But I don´t know if that´s entirely true.

Can someone shed some light? ?

Correct; Sentinel was originally a PAL only release in which a hack is available that plays the game under NTSC consoles.

Food for thought...Should a retail game be excluded because it was limited to a region?

If so, the PAL collector's spreadsheet should exclude several games that is currently included in this spreadsheet. ?

Perhaps make separate tabs for NTSC and PAL.  Additional benefit being there are individuals who collect for both regions. ?

Sorry, meant more a cartridge "hack", rather than a game programming hack. Sure, the prototype (good as final/completed) NTSC ROM exists, but never an official final cart retail release existed, BITD. 

Many Sentinel NTSC carts out there are 'hacked' PAL cartridges. 

An exception to this would be in lieu of hacking a PAL cart, a NTSC cart made with a brand new CPUWIZ pcb.