IGNORED

Help - Colecovision spreadsheet ideas

lazzeri

Hello,

I´ve been doing some spreadsheets with visual clues for some videogames, latest one can be found here:

I am planning to make one of those for the mighty Coleco. Problem is,  I don´t know much about it and would love some suggestions.

I´m doing my research on NIAD rarity list. It seems that there´s 130 USA released Coleco games from the classic era, right?

What about European / Canadian / Telegames UK? Should I add separate lists for those? Is it too much to keep track - or too uninteresting?

I´ve started doing something similar for INTV but there were so many versions, variants and international versions that I got lost and lost interest. ?

So I was trying to do it right this time, starting by knowing exactly what to do. ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

This type of thing has already been covered by my Excel version of NIADs ColecoVision & ADAM Collectors List.  This includes all known non-US variants as well.  I guess the only aspect of what you decsribe that I haven't included is a collection summary sheet.

While I haven't publicly released an updated version since Nov 2015 I have been keeping it up to date with all of the new homebrew releases as well as corrections and other additions as I discover them.  To release this publicly I just need to strip out my own collection details from the spreadsheet which just needs me to write a VB macro to automate as it's too tedious to do it manually.  I plan on doing this very soon.  Here's a screen shot showing an example of how I have it in use for my collection:

Untitled.thumb.png.5811bc51a99a6658988ed6d4519dc775.png

56 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

This type of thing has already been covered by my Excel version of NIADs ColecoVision & ADAM Collectors List.  This includes all known non-US variants as well.  I guess the only aspect of what you decsribe that I haven't included is a collection summary sheet.

While I haven't publicly released an updated version since Nov 2015 I have been keeping it up to date with all of the new homebrew releases as well as corrections and other additions as I discover them.  To release this publicly I just need to strip out my own collection details from the spreadsheet which just needs me to write a VB macro to automate as it's too tedious to do it manually.  I plan on doing this very soon.  Here's a screen shot showing an example of how I have it in use for my collection:

Untitled.thumb.png.5811bc51a99a6658988ed6d4519dc775.png

Thank you for sharing! Somehow I missed that.

Yours is really much more complete with a lot of variants and releases. Mine was supposed to be way simpler that that.

Thank you once again. Maybe I`ll come back to INTV after all. :-D

On 10/12/2019 at 9:56 AM, lazzeri said:

Thank you for sharing! Somehow I missed that.

Yours is really much more complete with a lot of variants and releases. Mine was supposed to be way simpler that that.

Thank you once again. Maybe I`ll come back to INTV after all. :-D

There's a lot to be said for simplicity!!!  I would love to include some simplifications, such as summary sheets for collections, but haven't the time to do that.  If you have any suggestions, or want to add summary sheets to mine, I'm totally open to that ?

20 hours ago, Kamshaft said:

My site has some good info get you going. Www.cvaddict.com

I really like your website and would love to be able to move all of the data from my Excel spreadsheet into a more graphical, user friendly, format that includes box art, screenshots etc. like yours, but can still be used to track your own collection.  Most importantly I want something that works entirely offline so that it will always be available and usable.  Don't suppose you have any suggestions?

So just to clear my thoughts, I´ve made a very rough spreadsheet just sorting the original, BITD games by manufacturer (Telegames originals included), and adding the non-USA exclusive releases by Coleco Canada and BitCorp.

Please note that I haven´t even starter doing anything fancy, I´ve just starter sorting them apart.

That´s just so I can understand the size of the task & see if there´s interest.

Any comments are appreciated. ?

Checklist_Colecovision_pre.xlsx

21 hours ago, Ikrananka said:

I really like your website and would love to be able to move all of the data from my Excel spreadsheet into a more graphical, user friendly, format that includes box art, screenshots etc. like yours, but can still be used to track your own collection.  Most importantly I want something that works entirely offline so that it will always be available and usable.  Don't suppose you have any suggestions?

I can add anything honestly...variants and many other thing.  It's sorting thru it all that's the hard part.

And I don't want to do it alone. LOL

As far as an offline solution, I could (once it's all entered) have the web site export a PDF or csv file.

Edited by Kamshaft

6 hours ago, Kamshaft said:

As far as an offline solution, I could (once it's all entered) have the web site export a PDF or csv file.

I'm really thinking of an offline experience similar to your website where a user can interrogate, sort, filter etc. on the fly.  I've considered using GameBase but it is hopelessly outdated now and it doesn't allow a user to track their collection.  So, something far more modern but user interactive.