IGNORED

New 8/16 Online/Underground Topics Forum

doctor_x

Would you be interested in this forum becoming reality?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in seeing this forum being relaity?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How often will you visit?

• You build THIS and I will live there...
    • Daily or more.
    • Once a week.
    • Once a month

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Checking for interest in a site very similar to atariage but one that would revolve 100 percent around underground topics as they pertain to:

• Using various machines for cracking software down to technical details
  • Using various machines to aid in the hacking of other computers
  • Using various machines to aid in research and exploitation of the telephone system (worldwide)
  • Collecting data on various underground 8/16 bit groups for historical purposes
  • Collecting data on various internet/bbs sites that exist that may be of interest
  • Collecting as many photographs, login/bbs screens, loader screens, etc for historical purposes
  • Collecting as many USERS from back in the day to reconnect and discuss antics 
  • Spotlight discussions of such things as "Games Computers Play" or other landstone things that came from online Atari (or other vendors)

The timeline would roughly revolve around 1975 to 1995 though exceptions to that will be fine.

The board/forum will have a group feel to it similar to 2600, phrack or Phone Losers of America. Depending on interest there will be teleconferences, IRC chans, at least SOME kind of telnet BBS existence,  and physical meetings or at least sub-gatherings at larger meetings. Contributions will be allowed, but as of right now I would have now "better access" for those that did. Money would simply go to paying for the software as I will not be using nulled forum software.

I've had this hosting space for about 15 years now as I use it for other stuff too (my wardialers.org site for instance) so this isn't something that will deploy and get going only to be taken away. While I have set this up a few times before I never really solidified on it nor I did ever get (from what I recall) a single legitimate signup. This time around I would market the site on the various 8/16 bit sites on a weekly/bi-weekly basis.

A lot of things are still up in the air - but I would prefer for a lot of choices to be made via polls on the site by the members once the usercount gets to a respectable amount rather than just arbitrarily setting it up myself.

I think this pretty much gives a broad overview of what I am interested in doing. Statutes of limitations have LONG passed on anything you might have done among these topics and I think people enjoy discussing their exploits back in the day when the setting is one that promotes it. Think of my site as a "speakeasy".

We will start small, and start empty but my goal is to have a dark little corner of the net where you can always go and find discussions like no other...

This message will be cross posted in a few other sub boards here at AA and at other sites. Please disregard the initial annoyance of seeing it....

doc

• Like 5