IGNORED

Now that we have a work-around, suggestions on tape-based games?

xabin

So, now that my boyfriend and I have confirmed that our work-around for getting tape games gotten online to work on the TI (like with Peter Cottontail's Egg Hunt), I was wondering if there was any non-32K-required wav format games (either official or fan-made) that you guys would suggest for us to try out? We do have Extended Basic, so keep that in mind. I used to have a link to a large collection of TI programs, but lost it in a sudden reinstall I needed to do to my computer. Also, thanks to ArcadeShopper, we do have his tapes for Adventure and Tunnels of Doom, so unless there's any other sets for those two that aren't on the ArcadeShopper ones, we don't really need those. Thanks for all your help with us!

• Like 1

A while back i uploaded a considerable amount of BASIC and XB games that can be loaded from tape/wav file.

Some of the files included need special loading instructions so please refer to all comments in the thread.

Since you do not have 32k, you can use everything in the zip file except for everything under the "xb/32k/" folder and its sub-folders.

If it is just in the main folder or the xb folder you should be able to run it just fine.

Daffy, flooraway, jungler, kerbonk, retrun, and rubber ball are under sub-folders in the xb folder but should also work without issues, they just have multiple files so i kept all files for each title grouped together.
Royal game of ur should also work for you, but do not try loading the "royal game of ur bitmap splash screen (32k).wav" file, as it does need the 32k. (You do not need to load that file to play the main game.)

There is still a lot of stuff to try out in there that does not need 32k.

Edited by jrhodes
  • Like 1