IGNORED

PlusCart (an inexpensive DIY WiFi multicart)

Al_Nafuur

4 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Astroblast has been modified for the PlusCart High Score Club. The ASM code can be found in Gitlab.

PlusCart user/tester can find the PAL and NTSC versions in the PlusStore directory "Public ROMs\PlusROMs\High Score Club"

The NTSC version can be played online in javatari.js.

The "PlusCart High Score Club" page for Astroblast:

https://highscore.firmaplus.de/?game_id=10

Thanks again to @DEBRO for his perfectly labeled and commented disassembly.

Do you have other titles lined up to be added in the HSC???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arenafoot said:

Do you have other titles lined up to be added in the HSC???

I am looking thru the disassembly of @DEBRO, @Omegamatrix and @Thomas Jentzsch at Bjars.com for titles that fit the needs.

For converting about 42-50bytes of free ROM space are needed, and the PlusROM function hotspots ($1ff0 - $1ff3) in every bank must be free of code or data (but can be used for the backend definition). Then the place in the ROM where the game is over has to be found and what RAM data (score, game variation) has to be send to the high score backend. A good VCS developer can do this without a complete disassembly, but I need a well commented disassembly.

If all conditions are met, the conversion and setting up the new game at the Database only takes 1 hour.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Omegamatrix said:

Is the 42-50 bytes for 6502 code that has to execute in overscan or something?

17 bytes are for the backend domain and path, so the hardware or emulator knows where to send and receive the data.

The rest is 6502 code to write the data to the send buffer hotspot. In case of the highscore backend the response is empty and is not needed to be read by the 6502.

See PlusROM definition

7 hours ago, Omegamatrix said:

The roms could be expanded or the bytes hacked out. Case by case basis really.

Yes, for an experienced VCS developer this should be no big effort, but it would take me much more than an hour.
btw. The high score PlusROM backend can send the new high score table in the response, so if additional banks have to be added to the ROM, the game can also display the high score response..

7 hours ago, Omegamatrix said:

It would be good though if there was a list of wanted games.

I think everyone has his own wish list, but I don't have a specific wish list. Basically every game that has a score (or timer) is suitable for adding this feature.

Turmoil has been modified for the PlusCart High Score Club. The ASM code can be found in Gitlab.

PlusCart user/tester can find the PAL60 and NTSC versions in the PlusStore directory "Public ROMs\PlusROMs\High Score Club"

The NTSC version can be played online in javatari.js. The ROM-file can also be played with Gopher2600.

The "PlusCart High Score Club" page for Turmoil:

https://highscore.firmaplus.de/?game_id=11

Thanks again to @DEBRO for his perfectly labeled and commented disassembly.

I have added a PAL color conversion, for a PAL60 version, to the ASM file.

• Like 2

Cave 1K has been modified for the PlusCart High Score Club. The ASM code can be found in Gitlab.

PlusCart user/tester can find the PAL, PAL60 and NTSC versions in the PlusStore directory "Public ROMs\PlusROMs\High Score Club"

The NTSC version can be played online in javatari.js. The ROM-file can also be played with Gopher2600.

The "PlusCart High Score Club" page for Cave 1K:

https://highscore.firmaplus.de/?game_id=12

Thanks to @Thomas Jentzsch for the latest version of the well documented source code, and for leaving that much space for the PlusROM functions ;-)

Demon Attack has been modified by @Omegamatrix for the PlusCart High Score Club. The ASM code can be found in Gitlab.

PlusCart user/tester can find the PAL, PAL60 and NTSC versions in the PlusStore directory "Public ROMs\PlusROMs\High Score Club"

The "PlusCart High Score Club" page for Demon Attack:

https://highscore.firmaplus.de/?game_id=13

• Like 4

Jawbreaker has been modified by @Omegamatrix for the PlusCart High Score Club. The ASM code can be found in Gitlab.

The "PlusCart High Score Club" page for Jawbreaker:

https://highscore.firmaplus.de/?game_id=14

• Like 2

@Andrew Davie Got my cart today, arrived safe and sound from the land down under. The blue tabs don't hold real well but enough to keep it together while it's in the system. May add a dab or two of hot glue like you mentioned. I'm guessing the other colored tabs are to compensate for loosening of the plastic with thicker tabs?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Prizrak said:

@Andrew Davie Got my cart today, arrived safe and sound from the land down under. The blue tabs don't hold real well but enough to keep it together while it's in the system. May add a dab or two of hot glue like you mentioned. I'm guessing the other colored tabs are to compensate for loosening of the plastic with thicker tabs?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yep!  They are graduated in size. If you want a more permanent fit, use a tighter tab.

Colours/sizes are mentioned in the little paper key I sent.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 5:04 PM, Al_Nafuur said:

Happy Birthday PlusCart thread.

?

A year goes by fast, eh? Nonetheless it's great seeing this come to fruition. The high score club is a great idea. I plan to do a few more games if that's all right. I know it might be a little time consuming to add these to the webpage. I am trying to priortize ones that are a lot of fun and people will play so I'm going to do Tapper next. I've started it already but won't work on it for a few more days.

Despite my suggestion of expanding the rom I've so far done it the harder way by freeing up bytes in existing rom space. It's a little more fun that way.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Omegamatrix said:

A year goes by fast, eh? Nonetheless it's great seeing this come to fruition. The high score club is a great idea. I plan to do a few more games if that's all right. I know it might be a little time consuming to add these to the webpage. I am trying to priortize ones that are a lot of fun and people will play so I'm going to do Tapper next. I've started it already but won't work on it for a few more days.

Despite my suggestion of expanding the rom I've so far done it the harder way by freeing up bytes in existing rom space. It's a little more fun that way.

I am working on the Backend code, so it is easier to add new games. I would like to have everything defined in the DB entry.
Also I am expanding the API so it can response with the top 10 entries (or top 9 and the own placement) of the same game variant sent by the PlusROM. So if you like you can read the response from the responseBuffer and display the high score list ?

On 10/12/2020 at 9:05 AM, Al_Nafuur said:

I have done some BoxArt downloading, PaintShoping and @Dionoid provided a BoxArt for Amoeba Jump for the PlusCart High Score Club Startpage:
grafik.thumb.png.61dd016c9f105bd928065dafc923cf43.png

awesome artwork! That must be the PAL version of Asteroids though.....

https://atariage.com/box_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=1007&BoxStyleID=2

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Arenafoot said:

I don't know if an actual Silver Box of Asteroids exists. I have never seen one in my limited research. The wide spread alternative Atari Corp PAL version is a Red Box. 

My NTSC 1986 Atari Corp Gray Label came in the standard rust colored box. There are probably Polyvox versions of Asteroids in a Silver box that would seem like a no brainer. 

asteroids_red_pal_cart_2.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Arenafoot said:

6 hours ago, groundtrooper said:

I don't know if an actual Silver Box of Asteroids exists. I have never seen one in my limited research. The wide spread alternative Atari Corp PAL version is a Red Box. 

My NTSC 1986 Atari Corp Gray Label came in the standard rust colored box. There are probably Polyvox versions of Asteroids in a Silver box that would seem like a no brainer.

I used the google image search for the boxArt downloading. The Asteroid silver boxart can be found for example here:

https://www.pinterest.de/pin/635992778599031001/

or here:
https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores/images/5-4017-image1.jpg?d=1587146513

I choose the silver boxart just because I like the silver ones more than the other ones and not for any historical accuracy reasons.