IGNORED

PlusCart (an inexpensive DIY WiFi multicart)

Al_Nafuur

Circus Atari has been modified for the PlusCart High Score Club.
PlusCart user/tester can find the PAL, PAL60, and NTSC versions in the PlusStore directory "Public ROMs\PlusROMs\High Score Club"

The NTSC version can be played online in javatari.js. The ROM-file can also be played with Gopher2600.

The "PlusCart High Score Club" page for Circus Atari:
https://highscore.firmaplus.de/?game_id=20

202161536_CircusAtari.png.3032bd71d8c91022baf5383929b2f99b.png

• Like 3

Hello,

I've promised Al_Nafuur that I'll take care of a Demoscene section for the PlusCart environment.

Well, now we've got 125 files in there, which makes up for more than 100 demos worth watching. (Some of them are PAL/NTSC variations, a very few of them are more like proof-of-concept/compofiller quality.) The collection reflects the "defacto official" list of demos as provided by Pouet.net.

The version of "Bang!" also has a custom PlusCart Easter egg (just different text). The Easter egg is described here.

Have fun,

SvOlli

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Seaquest has been modified for the PlusCart High Score Club.
PlusCart user/tester can find the PAL, PAL60, and NTSC versions in the PlusStore directory "Public ROMs\PlusROMs\High Score Club"

The NTSC version can be played online in javatari.js. The ROM-file can also be played with Gopher2600.

The "PlusCart High Score Club" page for Seaquest:
https://highscore.firmaplus.de/?game_id=22

Seaquest.png.2815f7ff6445274537db97f70532f8b4.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Omegamatrix said:

Seaquest has been modified for the PlusCart High Score Club.

The "PlusCart High Score Club" page for Seaquest:
https://highscore.firmaplus.de/?game_id=22

Seaquest.png.2815f7ff6445274537db97f70532f8b4.png

Yees!!! Another favorite of mine. -Thank you.

Building a Clear GameModem Case for PlusCart:

GameModem_ClearCase_Clear.thumb.jpg.05312332c181c8b8558e3e7fc88c274f.jpg

This is a clear pic of the clear case I built for my PlusCart, it matches the clear AtariMax cart for my Atari Home Computer visible just behind my Heavy Sixer.

Here are two more pics showing the cart glowing with green and blue ambiance from the Popeye screensaver (I like the leave that one on) glowing through it from my big Zenith CRT Television.

The PlusCart has red and blue lights on it which are really awesome and also made me want the clear case - you can see the red status light glowing dimly through it in the blue PopEye screen below:

GameModem_ClearCase_Green.thumb.jpg.9e56729e4afef922c908620889a79f23.jpgGameModem_ClearCase_Blue.thumb.jpg.89ad006a1fd3aa0cb85179e691383290.jpg  

Details on how I constructed my clear case for PlusCart

Tools:

Hand or power drill, tiny drill bit.

Component list:

My clear case was constructed with off the shelf components that might be present in your home, in the Green PopEye screen you can see a clear case with Rainbow array of neoprene coated paperclips, I selected four brightly colored clips - these have a dual function for PlusCart (more on that later). 

The remaining components come from two clear cassette cases like these that have the high quality clear finish, but do not use the game pictured if you have it (that's a collectors item no longer available):

KC_Tape.thumb.jpg.81d747586a1e48a92dfe0fc4910060cd.jpg

Construction:

carefully sized as you see, it resembles a longer Atari cartridge which distinguishes it from a regular cart for me and makes it feel more special, which it is having the functionality of the classic Game Modem and more effortlessly through the wireless cable modem. 

I particularly like the extra space at the top because it lights up with phosphorescence in front of a CRT and the LED's both shine through the area when the screen is darker.

Functional construction:

The wire wraps are tight but the neoprene gives enough shock absorption that PlusCart can be dropped from a height and the casing will fracture before any of the components are damaged; I've dropped my Harmony dozens of time and it's sturdy and only had to be re-flashed once, but PlusCart has additional micro-electronics so I took this extra precaution into account with the construction. I also drop carts fairly often and am pretty close to ruining my unprotected UIEC-SD cart for my C64.

The end of the PlusCart edge connector extends and is exposed 1/4 inch when the cart is removed, but I am not worried about this area and it is flush and clamps tightly when inserted (used the drill to Dremel the post inserts on the clear case).

Signal Booster:

The wire wraps function as coils with antenna ends to form a passive diffractive grating that can boost the signal if PlusCart is very far away from the wireless modem (the PlusCart range is already excellent and matches my other computers).

Pretty Cart:

The Rainbow clips and clear case make my PlusCart attractive to most players and friends who have seen it and give it a Sci-Fi feel aided by the awesome ability of PlusCart to go online, but some of my friends like @Bill Loguidice with his perfect laser eyes might spot imperfections that that are pretty invisible to me :) 

• Like 2

Enduro has been modified for the PlusCart High Score Club.

The "PlusCart High Score Club" page for Enduro:

https://highscore.firmaplus.de/?game_id=23

Enduro.png.55092c223f6962bff5f4038ba6d61128.png

• Like 4

Stampede has been modified for the PlusCart High Score Club.

The "PlusCart High Score Club" page for Stampede:

https://highscore.firmaplus.de/?game_id=24

Stampede.png.aa1fe491801dc68cf9f0408ffd559370.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DablioGames said:

In Suicide Mission game, firmware 0.14.6 works perfectly, but in update 0.15.0 it stopped working.

@DablioGames Thanks for the Bug report. I just checked the ROM with v0.15.0 it only shows the title screen, but doesn't starts. Is that what you see too?

1 minute ago, tman03 said:

How do i get lowercase letters? I can't seem to connect to the internet

The version you have does not support lowercase.

Lowercase is supported in the current beta/testing version but of course that's no use to you right now.

Right now... if your router has a guest network capability, then set its password to something simple/uppercase, and use that to connect.

Once connected, you can then join the beta tester group and update your firmware to the new lowercase support version.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tman03 said:

5 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

Lowercase is supported in the current beta/testing version but of course that's no use to you right now.

Right now... if your router has a guest network capability, then set its password to something simple/uppercase, and use that to connect.

Once connected, you can then join the beta tester group and update your firmware to the new lowercase support version.

Does your wifi router supports WPS? In that case you don't need to type in a password at all.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tman03 said:

18 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

13 hours ago, Dionoid said:

Does your wifi router supports WPS? In that case you don't need to type in a password at all.

Or use the "WiFi Manager Portal" function in the "Setup" menu. Then you can connect to the network with the SSID "PlusCart(+)" and type in the password with you smartphone, tablet or PC.

See option 3. in chapter "Connect to local WiFi":

http://pluscart.firmaplus.de/pico/?Manual#connect-wifi

We're all very thankful that @DEBRO has allowed Pac-Man 4K to be added to the high score club. Dennis did a wonderful job making this game, and It's a heck of a lot of fun to play! All of this was all done within the constraints of 4K. The code is super tight, and very difficult to find any additional bytes that could be freed. Well done, Dennis!

As always, PlusCart user/tester can find the PAL, PAL60, and NTSC versions in the PlusStore directory "Public ROMs\PlusROMs\High Score Club"

The "PlusCart High Score Club" page for Pac-Man 4K:
https://highscore.firmaplus.de/?game_id=21

1655129899_PacMan4K.png.c1d5ace5edcf80597e86a6c19334ad12.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3