IGNORED

PlusCart (an inexpensive DIY WiFi multicart)

Al_Nafuur

18 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

I have never seen this before. It's a nice game, but it is getting frantic very fast.

I also like how the difficulty switches where used in this game. The left difficulty switch in the "A" position is very punishing... or else I'm just a really bad shot.

For me a quick death is starting on game 5 with both difficulty switches in "A" position.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

I have never seen this before. It's a nice game, but it is getting frantic very fast.

I've never seen it before as well, great addition @Omegamatrix!

It got super crazy above the 10k mark and at that point I started recognizing patterns that pretty much can take you to 15k without too much trouble. Around 15k each round is over in about 15 seconds and the pattern falls apart because you just can't humanly keep up with all the flashing, you can't see where you or the enemy is any more.

- James

EDIT: After watching this video of a 24k score, I must have missed a ton of points at the beginning of my second run before I figured out the pattern because the level I was on was WAY faster at 15k than this video is at 20k, plus I was playing with the keyboard (hahah). I'll have to give it another go on a real VCS later with a joystick instead of through the browser.

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Meltdown would also make a good trackball or light gun game.

Yes that is true. I actually started Meltdown TB a few years back but left it on the back burner.

12 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

I have none of these.

?

They're great fun, and the experience changes everything.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Omegamatrix said:

Yes that is true. I actually started Meltdown TB a few years back but left it on the back burner.

Did you have plans for a new targeting cursor replacing the current indicators? There seems to be no free time for this.

However the kernel seems to have enough free time between the atoms for trackball code.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

Star Ship has been modified for the PlusCart High Score Club.
PlusCart user/tester can find the PAL60, and NTSC versions in the PlusStore directory "Public ROMs\PlusROMs\High Score Club"

The NTSC version can be played online in javatari.js. The ROM-file can also be played with Gopher2600.

The score is only send for the first Player. In two player games the score is send after the time for player two is over. For 1 or 2 player games see game variations below.

The "PlusCart High Score Club" page for Star Ship:
https://highscore.firmaplus.de/?game_id=28

928080421_StarShip.png.62c4b3d498cdeecd1e8bcaa57b4484d7.png

GAME VARIATIONS
                                              | Warp  |
                          |   Star Ship(TM)   | Drive |   Lunar Lander
              Game Number | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | 10 11 | 12 13 14 15 16 17
        Number of Players | 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 |  1  1 |  1  1  1  2  2  2
Fast Flying Space Objects |     X X     X   X |       |        X        X
           Double Objects | X     X     X     |     X |
     Asteroids or Meteors | X X X X   X X X X |  X  X |     X  X     X  X
      Space Robot (3 pts) | X X X X       X X |       |
    Flying Saucer (2 pts) | X X X X       X X |       |
     Space Fighter (1 pt) | X X X X       X X |       |
             Lunar Lander |                   |       |  X  X  X  X  X  X
                     Moon |                   |       |  X  X  X  X  X  X     

• Like 4

Frostbite has been modified for the PlusCart High Score Club. Thank you @DEBRO for his great disassembly of Frostbite.
PlusCart user/tester can find the PAL, PAL60, and NTSC versions in the PlusStore directory "Public ROMs\PlusROMs\High Score Club"

The NTSC version can be played online in javatari.js. The ROM-file can also be played with Gopher2600.

The "PlusCart High Score Club" page for Frostbite:
https://highscore.firmaplus.de/?game_id=29

Frostbite.png.d7ffa859ce57dbd2d6dcc6b72f3f159e.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I think I will use the stamp for shipping. It is not as clean as the laser engraving, but much faster.

Image7.thumb.jpg.ecc0a8b79969b63254b9bdb87d7e593e.jpg

The colors (colours) for the 3D printed case will be:

IMG_20201119_232126.thumb.jpg.e696c16afe658ceebebdf0217afe6a6d.jpg

IMG_20201119_232102.thumb.jpg.7a7ca128e63afc0ac16a089fcc42b157.jpg

The next "production" run will be soon available here:

https://pluscart.onlineweb.shop/

The "shop" is still under construction, so prices and product images are subject to change without notice.

• Like 1

Bowling has been modified for the PlusCart High Score Club.
PlusCart user/tester can find the PAL, PAL60, and NTSC versions in the PlusStore directory "Public ROMs\PlusROMs\High Score Club"

The "PlusCart High Score Club" page for Bowling:
https://highscore.firmaplus.de/?game_id=30

Bowling.png.ce616b21b5eb9bffe02b2f4a1133ce9b.png

• Like 3

On 11/23/2020 at 1:14 AM, Andrew Davie said:

It's a shame the label doesn't have that contrasting colour. It's an inherent part of the look/feel :(

White label and blue font?

grafik.thumb.png.3f277f608ac51eb1a994dda1aa632555.png

@Andrew Davie other available background colours are black, red, brown, yellow and (my favourite) silver with a tiny bit of glitter?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

White label and blue font?

grafik.thumb.png.3f277f608ac51eb1a994dda1aa632555.png

@Andrew Davie other available background colours are black, red, brown, yellow and (my favourite) silver with a tiny bit of glitter?

That's so pretty. I've bought myself a new surface to print on so my prints will have that nice texture, too.

I think silver back/blue font would look nice.  The yelllow back/blue font would also look OK.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

That's so pretty. I've bought myself a new surface to print on so my prints will have that nice texture, too.

I think silver back/blue font would look nice.  The yelllow back/blue font would also look OK.

I’m going to want to order one of these shells if/when they become available. These are too nice to pass up?

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 2:28 AM, Andrew Davie said:

@Andrew Davie silver background with blue font:

m-konversation-anhang.thumb.jpg.80ee3443f416430615747a486c996d57.jpg

Edited by Al_Nafuur
  • Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 8:28 PM, Andrew Davie said:

What surface do you get? I'm still using the stock ender 3 one.