IGNORED

PlusCart (an inexpensive DIY WiFi multicart)

Al_Nafuur

Hi, I am just about to order my PlusCart, just not sure about this: Before you buy a PlusCart or a DIY kit here, make sure that a ESP8266-01s WiFi module, with stock AT-Firmware, can connect to the internet via your router's WiFi. 

How do I find it out?

2 hours ago, Wizzard said:

Hi, I am just about to order my PlusCart, just not sure about this: Before you buy a PlusCart or a DIY kit here, make sure that a ESP8266-01s WiFi module, with stock AT-Firmware, can connect to the internet via your router's WiFi. 

How do I find it out?

a google search with your routers name/model and ESP8266 (and maybe some more keywords like: connect, AT-Firmware) will give you a hint if there are others having trouble to connect.

;-)

@JetSetIlly has allowed Flappy Bird to be added to the high score club.

Stephen Illingworth did a wonderful job making this game, and It's a lot of fun to play!

Somehow I missed the game last year, but fortunately the game was nominated for the Atari 2600: Best ≤ 4K Homebrew (Port) - 3rd Annual Atari Homebrew Awards

As always, PlusCart user/tester can find the PAL60, and NTSC versions in the PlusStore directory "Public ROMs\PlusROMs\High Score Club"

The NTSC version can be played online in javatari.js. The ROM-file can also be played with Gopher2600 (which is also done by @JetSetIlly).

The "PlusCart High Score Club" page for Flappy Bird:
https://highscore.firmaplus.de/?game_id=34

549609795_FlappyBird.png.746b69fba809ea415ee1d963b8eb1fff.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

New firmware version v1.0.0 in PlusStore released for all PlusCart users:

• New menu structure
  • Keyboard improvement
  • PAL color fixes
  • Line spacing
  • "System Info" page in "Setup" menu
  • UA bankswitching
  • Many bug fixes and code tweaks

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Not related to the firmware, but with the "My Recently Played ROMs" virtual menu in the root: if I play A, then B, C, and D, the list will be D-C-B-A which it is OK, but if I play A again, it remains as the oldest one... it will never be in the top again. Is that on purpose? How long is that list? What will happen when my favourite game A arrive to the end of the list? Will it be forgotten forever or will it be on top again?

21 hours ago, vitoco said:

Not related to the firmware, but with the "My Recently Played ROMs" virtual menu in the root: if I play A, then B, C, and D, the list will be D-C-B-A which it is OK, but if I play A again, it remains as the oldest one... it will never be in the top again. Is that on purpose? How long is that list? What will happen when my favourite game A arrive to the end of the list? Will it be forgotten forever or will it be on top again?

Yes it is seems a bit strange, but playing games from the "My Recently Played ROMs" folder dosn't count for the ranking in this folder. This folder is only a "virtual" folder, so if you play the games from B-Z from "real" folders and your game A not, it will be passed down this list and disappear.

18 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Yes it is seems a bit strange, but playing games from the "My Recently Played ROMs" folder dosn't count for the ranking in this folder. This folder is only a "virtual" folder, so if you play the games from B-Z from "real" folders and your game A not, it will be passed down this list and disappear.

That makes sense, but elements can be added/ranked to that virtual folder from another virtual folder: "Recently Added ROMs"... ?

8 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

New firmware version v1.1.0 in PlusStore and GIT released for all PlusCart users:

• Fixed UP in menu to go to last item on previous page
  • New kernel to fix TIA glitch on some machines
  • Bug fix in keyboard menu

Looking and working well. Thanks to all!

41C0D404-F851-4ACA-8FEF-7AB98E05BC3C.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

New Pluscart owner here!

I've received today my DIY kit and it's up and running now!

Very easy to assemble, the instructions are very detailed. I successfully connected to my WIFI using the joystick with the on-screen keyboard, and registered to the PlusStore.
I modified an original case as per instructions and also did the "hotglue led lens" as suggested by @vitoco a few posts above (thanks for the tip!)

cart_top.thumb.jpg.30fff8452653f8525b740444be053921.jpg

cart_front.thumb.jpg.7b6022c64a89e24b7dba3372175cc33b.jpg

cart_back.thumb.jpg.e4cb1aa6dd7edf42adeba0b4860bae34.jpg

led.thumb.jpg.638e9eab900ffe554e7c662a42e7b514.jpg

home.thumb.jpg.cc6a50813248bd299fd9036339eb3c34.jpg

system_info.thumb.jpg.d0d6a6d4618be21b2e5220d006093eb1.jpg

users_online.thumb.jpg.3082a6d6e70340b11696149cc01dcf35.jpg
Wonderful device! ?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, alex_79 said:

New Pluscart owner here!

Welcome to the fun!

1 hour ago, alex_79 said:

I modified an original case as per instructions and also did the "hotglue led lens" as suggested by @vitoco a few posts above (thanks for the tip!)

led.thumb.jpg.638e9eab900ffe554e7c662a42e7b514.jpg

Looks great! Congrats!

I also did this simple trick with my 7800. The stock power led is hidden in a hole, and it is almost impossible to know if the console is tuned on without standing up and looking into that hole. Now, it looks like this:

image.thumb.png.083da8bea1cd8246f38752ecd523fc4a.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...