IGNORED

PlusCart (an inexpensive DIY WiFi multicart)

Al_Nafuur

1 hour ago, alex_79 said:

Ok, now print the logo with a translucent filament, put an RGB led inside wired to 3 unused GPIO pins and make it software programmable.:twisted:

The STM32F4 breakout board has one (or even two) user programmable LED(s) onboard !
But the board is on the other side ?

Edited by Al_Nafuur
one is the power LED
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

Well, the first proto worked just fine and it's gorgeous.

Looks like I have a bit of room on the tolerance, that I can reduce, but basically easy-as.

This will make getting these printed 10x easier and much much cheaper. And super-easy to assemble.

Look at that beautiful texture on the last frame of the video, above!

IMG20210312002733.thumb.jpg.ba8d89fe94958c5b06b2d2627266d762.jpg

:-o The texture looks great?

4 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

Technically, you can put the logo on either side. Or both. The customiser lets you choose.

But it made sense to me to have the logo facing you.

It seems somehow confusing that way. On every other 2600 cartridge I have, the label goes to the TV side.

Then, you have to pay attention to the end label with the name.

8 minutes ago, vitoco said:

It seems somehow confusing that way. On every other 2600 cartridge I have, the label goes to the TV side.

Then, you have to pay attention to the end label with the name.

Print it whichever way works for you. The label/wording at top is also flippable.

I have it so I can read "PlusCart" when looking at it.

I love the PlusCart, it's great!

A minor issue I have with either a RetroTINK 2X-MINI (composite/S-Video version of Pro) and RetroTINK-2X Multi (different tech) HDMI upscaler with my PlusCart in an Atari 7800 upgraded with UAV: screen blanking.

In between screens, including the PlusCart text entry, the screen resyncs and blanks out the screen for a moment. Something about the video signal in that special text mode causes the RetroTINK upscalers to act like the video is being turned off and on in every screen, including the spinning plus. I have the usual Atari 2600 upscaled video issues that others have on a handful of games that play with dynamic scan lines or shake the screen, as noted in this thread.

Does that just come with the territory with this special text video mode, or is there a chance this could be addressed in a future revision?

I added the insert as suggested, and printed a glow-in-the-dark version. As you can see from the video, it was a big success.  Also shows how long the glow lasts after held close to a bright light (the ceiling light just before I started filming, for about 10 seconds).

• Like 8

You just have to laugh; what else can you do. I thought since the new design was a major improvement aesthetically, it would be nice to print @Gemintronic's prize cartridge in this design. So, knowing I'm critically short of the glow-in-the-dark filament, I figured I just had enough to print a new front shell. Since I'm particular about these things, I decided to print it super-slow, because the print comes out slightly better quality that way. So, I started it off and 7 and a half hours later it's finished!  Pull it carefully off the bed and turn it over to see how it looks. And there's a hair... embedded in the plastic. Fan-fucking-tastic! Not.  Oh well, time to order another roll, I think. Printing one now though to see if there's enough filament left (I doubt it) for a print. Never had a hair in my print before; go figure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

You just have to laugh; what else can you do. I thought since the new design was a major improvement aesthetically, it would be nice to print @Gemintronic's prize cartridge in this design. So, knowing I'm critically short of the glow-in-the-dark filament, I figured I just had enough to print a new front shell. Since I'm particular about these things, I decided to print it super-slow, because the print comes out slightly better quality that way. So, I started it off and 7 and a half hours later it's finished!  Pull it carefully off the bed and turn it over to see how it looks. And there's a hair... embedded in the plastic. Fan-fucking-tastic! Not.  Oh well, time to order another roll, I think. Printing one now though to see if there's enough filament left (I doubt it) for a print. Never had a hair in my print before; go figure.

Just another proof of Murphy's law..

• Like 2

On 3/10/2021 at 5:22 PM, Andrew Davie said:

.. So think "expensive"...

Printing the pins (approximately the same size as the logo) at craftcloud.com would cost € 1.75

printing them with "Fluorescent Green" would cost just some additional:

grafik.png.8f3ad6c58c369587aedfe3aeb253dfab.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Prizrak said:

On the PlusStore via browser I have dark mode on it seems, any way to change back to white background?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

click on your user icon on the top right and select "settings" in the dropdown menu. On the left side there should be a menu entry "Accessibility", that's where you can switch the theme.

Hi guys. I have my Pluscart mounted and ready for first set-up. I want to connect with my PC to the router menu of the Pluscart as per the instructions. From the Wifi Menu I select "Configure Wifi Portal" then I can see the pluscart wifi SSID showing on my PC. Connect to it but then when I want to open the 192.168.4.1 nothing happens and cannot get to the router menu. Have tried multiple different browser and tried both from Windows 10 and Mac OSX but nothing the menu won't open.

What should I do?

30 minutes ago, repetto74 said:

Hi guys. I have my Pluscart mounted and ready for first set-up. I want to connect with my PC to the router menu of the Pluscart as per the instructions. From the Wifi Menu I select "Configure Wifi Portal" then I can see the pluscart wifi SSID showing on my PC. Connect to it but then when I want to open the 192.168.4.1 nothing happens and cannot get to the router menu. Have tried multiple different browser and tried both from Windows 10 and Mac OSX but nothing the menu won't open.

What should I do?

You might need to specify the protocol for some Browser. So you need to type:

http://192.168.4.1

into the address line of the browser not the google search input field:

grafik.thumb.png.fa01bd73c557a8a95db672893b1947da.png