IGNORED

PlusCart (an inexpensive DIY WiFi multicart)

Al_Nafuur

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there. Just built myself a pluscart, it's working except I cannot get it to connect to my WiFi. It sees the WiFi networks but it just doesn't connect up. Is this due to my esp8266 firmware? Photo of system info attached. Many thanks, any help appreciated Mark 

E8CxinVWUAcGdkz.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ouzy said:

Hi there. Just built myself a pluscart, it's working except I cannot get it to connect to my WiFi. It sees the WiFi networks but it just doesn't connect up. Is this due to my esp8266 firmware?

v1.1.0.0 ist very old but it should work. I recommend v1.7.4.0.

1 hour ago, Ouzy said:

Photo of system info attached. Many thanks, any help appreciated Mark 

Did you tried to connect via WPS or the WiFi Manager Portal?https://pluscart.firmaplus.de/pico/?Manual#connect-wifi

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

v1.1.0.0 ist very old but it should work. I recommend v1.7.4.0.

Did you tried to connect via WPS or the WiFi Manager Portal?https://pluscart.firmaplus.de/pico/?Manual#connect-wifi

Hi. I've managed to get it connected to my a repeater router I had and its working fine. If I can work out how to update the esp firmware i will. Would mean desoldering the whole board again tho. Thanks for your help amazing device. Really amazing. 

26 minutes ago, Ouzy said:

Hi. I've managed to get it connected to my a repeater router I had and its working fine. If I can work out how to update the esp firmware i will. Would mean desoldering the whole board again tho. Thanks for your help amazing device. Really amazing. 

There should be an Update WiFi Firmware entry in your Setup menu. This will trigger the ESP FOTA update via the espresif server in China, but mostly this doesnt works..

To update manually no desoldering is necessary:

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2021 at 11:57 AM, Karrolls56 said:

My Atari 2600 has the Tim Worthington RGB mod and the system loses sync with the OSSC with every page turn. Anyone else experience this and have any timing tips?

Yup. Not possible to fix this behavior with the OSSC as the + screen between pages needs a resync.

The Frameister is stable (no resync needed) if you leave it with a constant output and don’t sync the signal. I imagine the RetroTink 5x in triple buffering is stable too.

On 8/5/2021 at 5:57 PM, Karrolls56 said:

Just got my PlusCart and its working great except.

My Atari 2600 has the Tim Worthington RGB mod and the system loses sync with the OSSC with every page turn. Anyone else experience this and have any timing tips?

I opened a bug report here:

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 4:57 AM, eebuckeye said:

Anyone else having a problem with many games working?  I'm connected to the Plusstore and Frogger HSC works but I tried Bowling, Flappy Bird, Pac Man 4k and others which will not work.  The rom seems to start loading but I end up with a brown-ish screen and the system locks up.  STM firmware 2.1.1 and WiFi firmware 1.7.4.0

opened a bug report here:

• Like 1

Finally the new 3D shells made by @Andrew Davie have reached me:

1544893927_PlusCartwith3D-printcasev2.thumb.png.85466f6b0dcdded937446d45dda88f1d.png

And PlusCarts with this shell are now available in the PlusCart shop:

https://pluscart.onlineweb.shop/PlusCart_with_3D_printed_Cartridge_(_v3234_)/p7668107_20851446.aspx

Or just the 3D shell:

https://pluscart.onlineweb.shop/3D_Printed_Cartridge/p7668107_20851475.aspx

• Like 4

All messages sent to this Discord channel:

https://discord.com/channels/875023862587347036/875023862587347039

will also be sent to the PlusCart chat room.

And all messages sent from PlusCarts to the PlusCart chat room will also be sent to the Discord channel above.

Link for invitation:

https://discord.gg/js2Pqw7HjX

24 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

All messages sent to this Discord channel:

https://discord.com/channels/875023862587347036/875023862587347039

will also be sent to the PlusCart chat room.

And all messages sent from PlusCarts to the PlusCart chat room will also be sent to the Discord channel above.

I can't reach that channel. Do I need an invitation?

On 8/11/2021 at 4:17 PM, Al_Nafuur said:

And PlusCarts with this shell are now available in the PlusCart shop:

https://pluscart.onlineweb.shop/PlusCart_with_3D_printed_Cartridge_(_v3234_)/p7668107_20851446.aspx

Is it correct in saying that you don't ship to Florida, USA? Or is there something awry with the checkout process?

2 minutes ago, brpocock@star-hope.org said:

Is it correct in saying that you don't ship to Florida, USA? Or is there something awry with the checkout process?

?

Shipping to the US is €5 and should be possible with the checkout process

On 8/11/2021 at 10:17 PM, Al_Nafuur said:

Finally the new 3D shells made by @Andrew Davie have reached me:

1544893927_PlusCartwith3D-printcasev2.thumb.png.85466f6b0dcdded937446d45dda88f1d.png

There had been a problem with the checkout and the stock notification emails. But this is now solved, and nearly all 3D printed shells had been sold within 18 hours:

versand-19_08_2021.thumb.png.5e25082b4b2a8af62abe70c043b95583.png

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I purchased one of the predone ones with newer printed shell yesterday.

It was the last one of this batch.

(apart from 2 defective/second choice ones that I now have left and might offer for a discount)

I've had a report of one of the new PlusCart shells with a few problems.  Primarily it was not a good fit and needed to be pressed very hard to insert to the VCS. However, this treatment apparently caused the logo (which is a new, welded, design) to separate.  So, that's not good... not good at all.  Please be aware that if your PlusCart shell is faulty in any way, I stand behind the products I produce and will of course offer you a full refund or replacement at my cost.  As to further developments, I'm now inclined to abandon offering any shells, and instead require anyone wanting one to get their own printed. It's just not worth the hassle/stress.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

Such a shame... but all of these... into the rubbish bin they go.

IMG20210826144924.thumb.jpg.6847c2e90537fdf35c87703058f3e81e.jpg

I think there are some people who would like to have one of these to put together themselves.

And if they use a better glue than I did or don't weld it in with a soldering iron but with something bigger like an iron, then the logo can take more pressure. ?

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 1:37 PM, Andrew Davie said:

Please be aware that if your PlusCart shell is faulty in any way, I stand behind the products I produce and will of course offer you a full refund or replacement at my cost.

This is a kind of attitude, that I would like to see from professionals, who like to distinguish themselves from homebrewers, and have sold faulty cartridges for a steep price earlier this year!