IGNORED

PlusCart (an inexpensive DIY WiFi multicart)

Al_Nafuur

1 hour ago, Wizzard said:

I just got my second Pluscart, so I will never need to swap it between my PAL and NTSC console :)

?

btw.

You can connect multiple PlusCarts to one PlusStore account.

1 hour ago, Wizzard said:

Btw, how to play that Star Ship game?

https://atariage.com/manual_thumbs.php?SoftwareLabelID=495

Usually there are 2 to 3 PlusCart orders a week. Today there were 9 and since the stock is now empty 10 stock notify requests already.

What happened, what did I missed? Has the PlusCart been on the evening news yesterday?

• Like 2

Usually there are 2 to 3 PlusCart orders a week. Today there were 9 and since the stock is now empty 10 stock notify requests already.

What happened, what did I missed? Has the PlusCart been on the evening news yesterday?

People finally getting it! About the awesomeness that is PlusCart.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

I have made a couple of Facebook posts in Atari groups related to PlusCart.

Specifically, someone suggested putting a rPi inside a '2600 cartridge and connecting to the Internet.

I replied that the PlusCart already does much of what was suggested, and even more.

There were one or two other posts where mentioning the PlusCart was logical, so I did.

• Like 1

I've seen those posts and they are good arguments. There are so many people trying to do what PlusCart is already doing. I think a lot of the attraction is the fact that PlusCart to me is become mature. It's still in beta so to speak but it's far from where it started thanks to the great team we have that's constantly seeing what more we can tease out if the hardware/software. It's went from a cool device to stay informed on to "Man I have to get me one of those, that's cool!".

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

I have 4 or 5 spare, if that can help out. Happy to print some shells to order and ship.

1 hour ago, Andrew Davie said:

I have 4 or 5 spare, if that can help out.

I have about 35 assembled PCB left from my soldering service, but I flash and encase them with the modified standard cartridge when they are ordered.

1 hour ago, Andrew Davie said:

Happy to print some shells to order and ship.

Cleaning and modifying a standard cartridge is a lot of work, so I would prefer the 3D shells. But producing the 3D shells has been a complete disaster here. ?

I still don't offer them at the shop and luckily I found someone who is about to print the pins for the already ordered ones.

I have ordered (and received yesterday) a 3D printer, but I haven't assembled it and I don't have much experience, time and no filament, so I still would prefer to find a 3D printing service nearby.

But if anyone wants to build and offer PlusCarts for sale, that would be OK with me:

http://pluscart.firmaplus.de/pico/?Shop

Edited by Al_Nafuur

3 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

What happened? They looked as if they were OK.

They do look very good, but they are still missing the closing pins! My supplier was not able to deliver them. He had a COVID-19 infection and the last message from him was that he has to move to another city, since then I have not heard from him again.

12 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

They do look very good, but they are still missing the closing pins! My supplier was not able to deliver them. He had a COVID-19 infection and the last message from him was that he has to move to another city, since then I have not heard from him again.

I've been (coincidentally) approached by a chinese 3D printing company. I used to run rather large 3D printing groups, and these companies would contact me hoping to be allowed to advertise. Anyway, not with those groups anymore, but this company has followed up to tell me about a new (resin) printer. They said I should try them, so I thought why not - so I'm getting a quote on the 3D shells (100 units) just to see how much it would cost. They would be single-colour of course, so would have to have a label instead of the insert (+).  When I get the quote I'll let you know. Quality should be superb, though.  Their printer is huge -- 1400 mm x 700 mm x 500 mm. The vat of resin alone, during print, would easily be $1000.

3 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

US$22 each, so much for that! Including postage.

They quoted US$1600 for 100 units + $600 postage (!!!)

$600 postage ??? wouldn't it be cheaper to pick them up yourself ?

13 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

$600 postage ??? wouldn't it be cheaper to pick them up yourself ?

Yes, well still negotiating. They want to do a small run of 10 to show how good the quality is.

I've offered $5/unit.

Edit: rejected - below their production costs. So much for that.

Edited by Andrew Davie

48 minutes ago, philgood1351fr said:

Hi Friends,

is there any way to reset the Offline directory on the plusStore website ? did a bad mistake and it's full and not possible to erase files/directory...

sorry for that.

Thanks

I do not know.

However, on my machine I have Nextcloud setup, and in my local machine I see the Offline directory.

I imagine if you delete files from there (your local machine, in the Nexcloud directory), they will also be deleted on the plusstore.

Worth a try.

20 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

David Crane and Garry and Dan Kitchen announced that they have partnered to form Audacity Games, Inc.

They will produce games that connects to the internet through mobile devices for registering high scores and earn physical patches.

Two days ago I posted the news on Facebook, adding that PlusCart(+) has that feature (but patches are virtual...).

I confirm that people doesn't know PlusCart(+).

With such a nice price many people would buy it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, philgood1351fr said:

Hi Friends,

is there any way to reset the Offline directory on the plusStore website ? did a bad mistake and it's full and not possible to erase files/directory...

sorry for that.

Thanks

Did you use the nextcloud client or the web interface?

As far as I can see in your account the "My ROMs" folder is deleted, and part of the "Public ROMs" folder has been copied to "Offline"