Jump to content
Al_Nafuur

PlusCart (an inexpensive DIY WiFi multicart)

Recommended Posts

Just got my PlusCart and its working great except.

 

My Atari 2600 has the Tim Worthington RGB mod and the system loses sync with the OSSC with every page turn. Anyone else experience this and have any timing tips?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there. Just built myself a pluscart, it's working except I cannot get it to connect to my WiFi. It sees the WiFi networks but it just doesn't connect up. Is this due to my esp8266 firmware? Photo of system info attached. Many thanks, any help appreciated Mark 

E8CxinVWUAcGdkz.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ouzy said:

Hi there. Just built myself a pluscart, it's working except I cannot get it to connect to my WiFi. It sees the WiFi networks but it just doesn't connect up. Is this due to my esp8266 firmware?

v1.1.0.0 ist very old but it should work. I recommend v1.7.4.0.

 

1 hour ago, Ouzy said:

 

Photo of system info attached. Many thanks, any help appreciated Mark 

 

Did you tried to connect via WPS or the WiFi Manager Portal?https://pluscart.firmaplus.de/pico/?Manual#connect-wifi

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

v1.1.0.0 ist very old but it should work. I recommend v1.7.4.0.

 

Did you tried to connect via WPS or the WiFi Manager Portal?https://pluscart.firmaplus.de/pico/?Manual#connect-wifi

 

 

Hi. I've managed to get it connected to my a repeater router I had and its working fine. If I can work out how to update the esp firmware i will. Would mean desoldering the whole board again tho. Thanks for your help amazing device. Really amazing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ouzy said:

Hi. I've managed to get it connected to my a repeater router I had and its working fine. If I can work out how to update the esp firmware i will. Would mean desoldering the whole board again tho. Thanks for your help amazing device. Really amazing. 

There should be an Update WiFi Firmware entry in your Setup menu. This will trigger the ESP FOTA update via the espresif server in China, but mostly this doesnt works..

To update manually no desoldering is necessary:

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2021 at 11:57 AM, Karrolls56 said:

My Atari 2600 has the Tim Worthington RGB mod and the system loses sync with the OSSC with every page turn. Anyone else experience this and have any timing tips?

Yup. Not possible to fix this behavior with the OSSC as the + screen between pages needs a resync.

 

The Frameister is stable (no resync needed) if you leave it with a constant output and don’t sync the signal. I imagine the RetroTink 5x in triple buffering is stable too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2021 at 5:57 PM, Karrolls56 said:

Just got my PlusCart and its working great except.

 

My Atari 2600 has the Tim Worthington RGB mod and the system loses sync with the OSSC with every page turn. Anyone else experience this and have any timing tips?

I opened a bug report here:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2021 at 4:57 AM, eebuckeye said:

Anyone else having a problem with many games working?  I'm connected to the Plusstore and Frogger HSC works but I tried Bowling, Flappy Bird, Pac Man 4k and others which will not work.  The rom seems to start loading but I end up with a brown-ish screen and the system locks up.  STM firmware 2.1.1 and WiFi firmware 1.7.4.0

opened a bug report here:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally the new 3D shells made by @Andrew Davie have reached me:

 

1544893927_PlusCartwith3D-printcasev2.thumb.png.85466f6b0dcdded937446d45dda88f1d.png

 

 

And PlusCarts with this shell are now available in the PlusCart shop:

https://pluscart.onlineweb.shop/PlusCart_with_3D_printed_Cartridge_(_v3234_)/p7668107_20851446.aspx

 

Or just the 3D shell:

https://pluscart.onlineweb.shop/3D_Printed_Cartridge/p7668107_20851475.aspx

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All messages sent to this Discord channel:

https://discord.com/channels/875023862587347036/875023862587347039

will also be sent to the PlusCart chat room.

 

And all messages sent from PlusCarts to the PlusCart chat room will also be sent to the Discord channel above.

 

 

Link for invitation:

https://discord.gg/js2Pqw7HjX

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2021 at 4:17 PM, Al_Nafuur said:

And PlusCarts with this shell are now available in the PlusCart shop:

https://pluscart.onlineweb.shop/PlusCart_with_3D_printed_Cartridge_(_v3234_)/p7668107_20851446.aspx

Is it correct in saying that you don't ship to Florida, USA? Or is there something awry with the checkout process?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, brpocock@star-hope.org said:

Is it correct in saying that you don't ship to Florida, USA? Or is there something awry with the checkout process?

🤔

Shipping to the US is €5 and should be possible with the checkout process

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2021 at 10:17 PM, Al_Nafuur said:

Finally the new 3D shells made by @Andrew Davie have reached me:

 

1544893927_PlusCartwith3D-printcasev2.thumb.png.85466f6b0dcdded937446d45dda88f1d.png

There had been a problem with the checkout and the stock notification emails. But this is now solved, and nearly all 3D printed shells had been sold within 18 hours:

 

versand-19_08_2021.thumb.png.5e25082b4b2a8af62abe70c043b95583.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

nearly all 3D printed shells had been sold within 18 hours:

Congrats on all the sales👍.  I'll be looking for a shell only to upgrade my cart.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Congrats on all the sales👍.  I'll be looking for a shell only to upgrade my cart.

Different colours might be possible. The design is improving all the time, too.... tweaks to strengthen, streamline, etc....

 

 

IMG20210820133259.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I purchased one of the predone ones with newer printed shell yesterday. Curious to check it out!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I purchased one of the predone ones with newer printed shell yesterday.

It was the last one of this batch.

 

(apart from 2 defective/second choice ones that I now have left and might offer for a discount)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had a report of one of the new PlusCart shells with a few problems.  Primarily it was not a good fit and needed to be pressed very hard to insert to the VCS. However, this treatment apparently caused the logo (which is a new, welded, design) to separate.  So, that's not good... not good at all.  Please be aware that if your PlusCart shell is faulty in any way, I stand behind the products I produce and will of course offer you a full refund or replacement at my cost.  As to further developments, I'm now inclined to abandon offering any shells, and instead require anyone wanting one to get their own printed. It's just not worth the hassle/stress.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

Such a shame... but all of these... into the rubbish bin they go.

 

IMG20210826144924.thumb.jpg.6847c2e90537fdf35c87703058f3e81e.jpg

I think there are some people who would like to have one of these to put together themselves.

 

And if they use a better glue than I did or don't weld it in with a soldering iron but with something bigger like an iron, then the logo can take more pressure. 🤔

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2021 at 1:37 PM, Andrew Davie said:

Please be aware that if your PlusCart shell is faulty in any way, I stand behind the products I produce and will of course offer you a full refund or replacement at my cost.

This is a kind of attitude, that I would like to see from professionals, who like to distinguish themselves from homebrewers, and have sold faulty cartridges for a steep price earlier this year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...