IGNORED

Most Common Games That You Don't Have

bluejay

I also only own 1 game for the ColecoVision, Donkey Kong. For some reason, I never bothered to look for more CV games, and now a year has passed since I got my CV. I always wanted Zaxxon and Wargames, but prices were higher than I'd like, so I always bought 2600 games instead.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Magmavision2000 said:

Atari 2600: pitfall 2 (some others I can't think of)

NES/Famicom: balloon fight, Mario 2, Mario 3 (NES) and Tetris (NES)

Other: a Majority of common SFC games and a Majority of common DS/3DS games 

I've only seen one copy of Pitfall II ever... and it's the copy I own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I'll go obvious on this.  I don't own most the Pokemon games ever released, mainline or otherwise, and mainline are some of the highest selling individual games on the handheld market.

I used to have more... but now all I have is Pokemon Blue... the series just lost the magic it had for me after Gold/Silver...

I don't have any Pokémon games, either.

I don't have any Sonic cartridges (other than Spinball and the 6-Pak, which has Sonic 1 on it).  (For Genesis... I do have a Sonic cartridge for the Game Gear, though.)

I don't have Silent Service, which seems super common.

I also believe Dragon Warrior for the NES is really common, but I don't have it.

I'm sure there's a lot of common 2600 games I don't have, but I have some of the more obvious ones like Combat, Space Invaders, Pac Man, Asteroids...

Edited by Eltigro
  • Like 1

My NES collection is missing a few commons, namely Arch Rivals and Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf.  I'm also missing Joust and Ms. Pac-Man for 7800.  Not in a giant hurry to find them, and I figure it's nice to have some cheap commons instead of all expensive rares as your wishlists wind down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

Lots of 7800 games I don't own...Tower Toppler, Ace of Aces, Robotron!  Yeah I actually still don't own Robotron (It's a travesty I realize)...Wouldn't ya just figure it would somehow be in my collection by now?

Around here 7800 carts are scarce anymore. I don't know what it's like in your neck of the woods but I can totally understand not coming across even common 7800 games today

9 hours ago, Eltigro said:

I don't have any Sonic cartridges (other than Spinball and the 6-Pak, which has Sonic 1 on it).  (For Genesis... I do have a Sonic cartridge for the Game Gear, though.)

more obvious ones like Combat, Space Invaders, Pac Man, Asteroids...

Speaking of which...

I don't own a Genesis altogether!

P.S. I also only own 2 pokemon games. Sun for the 3ds and Silver for the GBC.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

I used to have more... but now all I have is Pokemon Blue... the series just lost the magic it had for me after Gold/Silver...

I would agree without if not for one thing, Ultra Sun/Moon on the 3DS.  I tried to like it but I was spent after FireRed on the GBA, tried the soul silver DS and then the X/Y(damn they're awful and slow/boring too) and it just got worse.  A stale re-run over and over again with little change and no deviation from the old 8bit starting formula.  I do have red, yellow, crystal and fire red today but they just are there, and that 3DS game.  That game dumped the old re-run of walk, grab, do the gym wash rinse repeat style with almost no story to it.  It's not a more rounded JRPG with an actual real plot, a story with twists and subplots.  There are no gyms, you have islands in the chain and stuff to do on each, totem(overpowered) pokemon fights, other odd random meet up battles, the old trainer in the field is there still, no random battles on the map, quite a few other twists that make you want to see how it plays out.  I've not finished it, but I do like to randomly pick it up and pick away at it.

23 hours ago, AtariLeaf said:

I won't make a list but suffice to say if I don't enjoy playing the game I don't own it so there are too many commons to mention that I don't own anymore

Agreed. With a few, very limited exceptions, I do not like sports games. Consequently, while they are common as dirt, I have only a very few in my collection. 

I am not trying to "complete" a collection for any system; I am only interested in owning those games that I actually want to play.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, bluejay said:

Speaking of which...

I don't own a Genesis altogether!

P.S. I also only own 2 pokemon games. Sun for the 3ds and Silver for the GBC.

I don't have a genesis any more, or a snes either. I own 5 games for each which to me, doesn't justify a system. I have a retron 5 for both of those but I mostly play both systems on a hacked nes classic. 

Just for fun, here's what I have for both:

Genesis 

NHL 95, Space Invaders 91, Flicky, Frogger, and Smart Mouse

SNES 

Mr. DO, Arkanoid doh it again, Tetris Attack, MS Pac man, Classic Kong

I'm mostly an Atari and NES collector but those 10 games above are great games, for me. Hence I don't have any common games for either system. He'll even for the NES I have no Mario games other than the original Mario Bros.