IGNORED

LTO Flash! UI Software and macOS 10.15 (Catalina)

intvsteve

Existing versions of the LTO Flash! User Interface Software for macOS will not run on the latest macOS update (version 10.15, a.k.a. Catalina).

You can download a version that mostly works here. Known issues:

• No splash screen so there's no entertainment while you wait for the UI to load
  • Does not display correctly in "dark mode" (note: this currently means it forces light mode for the app only, you should be able to keep dark mode on in your OS)
  • Does not include a copy of jzintv

When you download, just unzip it, then right click and choose "open" to launch (at least the first time).

Thanks to @ColecoJoe for reminding me of this and being a guinea pig testing things out!

• Like 3

macOS 10.15 no longer supports running 32-bit programs, which is the reason why the application won't launch. In an effort to keep support for really old versions of mac OS (10.7 and later), I have to use tools that are only capable of creating 32-bit mac applications.

I've had a 64-bit version building for some time on a development machine, and knew this day may come … but it's woefully undertested.

Supporting macOS older than 10.9, and Windows older than Windows 7, is either insane or a noble quest of "because I can!" that has its costs.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey - just finally catching up after the gaming expo. Awesome getting to chat, after figuring out I was running with one of your first builds for LTO.

I'm the dork who wanted to know about cusotom joysticks as a replacement for the INTV controllers to use with FPGA emulation on the mister.

I can confirm - the new build runs on Catalina! 

12 hours ago, paisleyboxers said:

Hey - just finally catching up after the gaming expo. Awesome getting to chat, after figuring out I was running with one of your first builds for LTO.

I'm the dork who wanted to know about cusotom joysticks as a replacement for the INTV controllers to use with FPGA emulation on the mister.

I can confirm - the new build runs on Catalina! 

Glad to hear it's working for you!

• Like 1