IGNORED

How Much More is the Sears Telegames Worth?

bluejay

I want to modify my 4 switch 2600 into a portable, to improve my soldering and electrical skills, and I pretty much have nothing to do other than that, because of my lack of both equipment and knowledge. I have a Sears 4 switch and a heavy sixer, and I certainly won't be modding the heavy sixer, for many reasons, and I am hesitating about the Sears because it is worth more than the regular Atari 4 switch. And all this got me wondering. How much more is the Sears Telegames worth than its original counterpart, everything from Pong to every 2600 model to the Intellivision? Is it worth it to sell the Sears 4 switch and buy a regular 4 switch?

If done correctly, your modded unit is more useful, and theoretically more valuable, as long as it appears professional. People have been paying others with skill to mod their best Atari units for years and personally, it is worth every penny.

If the drill holes are uneven, if you have scrapes/scratches/cracks/etc, or if you just mess up and damage your unit, then you will destroy its value.

IMO the Sears units are not worth any more than the standard variety.  They are only worth more to people who:

1) Don't have one yet

2) Assume they are more rare

Yeah, there were fewer produced, but you can find one for the same price if you are patient.  If you don't believe me, try to sell it and see if someone will pay you more for it.

• Like 1