Rick Dangerous

Jaguar HSC_SEASON 12_ROUND 3

post-38373-0-81529100-1551454527_thumb.jpg

Jaguar HSC__SEASON 12__ROUND 3

(Round Over Sunday 10/27/19) ROUND COMPLETE

Image result for Atari Jaguar Hyperforce

RULES AND DIRECTIONS:

Hyper Force

-Start a game of Hyper Force on default settings (Normal/Standard) and play a game until you get a game over. Record and submit your best scores.

If you are not familiar with the Jaguar HSC general rules and how the scoring system works, please visit this thread here: 

Hyper Force SCORES:

1. Machine                      1,768,900 +10

2. doctor_shred               1,282,200  +8

3. Darrin9999                     945,500  +6

4. Hyper_Eye                      608,100  +4

5. masematte                     569,300  +2

6. Rick Dangerous               141,300  +1

The Current Jaguar HSC Rankings:

1. Machine                  30 Points

2. doctor_shred            22 Points

3. masematte               16 Points

4. Darrin9999                12 Points

5. Hyper_Eye                 7 Points

6. Rick Dangerours         6 Points

7. jblenkle                     1 Point

I stink at this game! It needs some kind of map showing where you have been(or more importantly haven't been).  Is there some way to figure out where the switches are located or do you just have to wonder around?

That is dedication Hyper_Eye, nice score! I just can't get into this game because I can not figure out where to go......sigh. I like the controls(after I get use to them), but the level layout is bewildering to me.

I really like this game. The first few levels aren't too bad to navigate. In general you are pushing right. It starts to get a lot harder though. When you reach the first city street level there is a lot to navigate.

I have gotten pretty far into this game in the past.  It's annoying/frustrating at first but really grows on you once you start to figure it out.  Stick with it Machine! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rick Dangerous said:

I have gotten pretty far into this game in the past.  It's annoying/frustrating at first but really grows on you once you start to figure it out.  Stick with it Machine! 

I will only have a couple of days to play this one, but will give it another go.....heading to "Universal Studios" and will not be back until next Friday.

Not good. This game frooze up on me 3-4 times. Once between loading screens and a few times when I paused. Everytime just a blank screen(black) and never came back. Weird. Gonna try my backup Jag.

I have had no black screens since I switched to my back up Jag.  Leaving in 12 hours, headed to Universal. Gonna be a mad dash next weekend! 

569300 is my score for this round, and I had this game ! Good Grafik, but I don't like games , where I must search the exit !!

IMG_4139.JPG

• Like 1

I got further in this than ever before: 1,282,200.

I like this game, it reminds of Turrican a bit.  The levels get very confusing later on which is all part of the challenge I guess.

HF01.jpg

• Like 1

Just had time to squeeze in a quick play session on this one for the participation points...lol

Fun but also somehow a pain it the ass.  Great music. 

IMG_20191027_221800.jpg

6 minutes ago, Rick Dangerous said:

Just had time to squeeze in a quick play session on this one for the participation points...lol

Fun but also somehow a pain it the ass.  Great music. 

IMG_20191027_221800.jpg

That looks gorgeous, what TV/set-up you using???

Thanks for the great round everyone; onward!

Thanks Machine; its a 55" Samsung LCD from 2008-2011 or so (not sure 100% without digging around in back.)  I am using the Jag 2 SNES adapter from @Judas-Prime with some HD-Retrovision Component Cables. 

Great score Machine!  How far did you get into the game?

I made it to the second or third level of the "rocket" stages after the city stages.  I have no idea how many more levels there are in this title.

• Like 1

Made it to the Rocket level 5? I think? I think I am close to finishing, feels like the end is near so I might go back and finish it later.

Game gets tedious, was fun for bits and then too tedious for me .... although I still want to see the ending.

Yes, I'd like to finish it one day but I know what you mean.  Those later levels require so much backtracking and repetition, not to mention the time limit killing you just as you're approaching the exit :mad:

Still, it's a the only game of it's genre on the Jag.  It might not be Metal Slug or GunLord but it's a decent title. 

• Like 1