IGNORED

Have two tape games which need converting to CAS

system11

I just recorded the tapes for Superman (UK Ariolasoft) and Galactic Cresta (STV) which don't seem to be on the Atarimania database.  Last time I tried to use wav2tap tools basically nothing worked and someone here did it for me.  If anyone can help, they're here:

http://www.system11.org/temp/ROMs/galactic_cresta_superman_atari.zip

Superman side B looked generally worse, the tape won't load in my XC12 at all, can't turn it - the hifi deck upstairs was able to.  Same story with Galactic Cresta, I did make a tape to tape of that up there which loaded so I'm more hopeful for that one.

• Like 2

Superman a works but all the others have severe dropout probably from missing data...

Edit, realised I had some devices and tape settings on in Altirra and once corrected all work bar Superman B which hits a load error at block 45..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Haha 1

Here you are @system11

I hope you don't mind that I use your dumps for the a8preservation project too?

Both a-sides converted fine with a8cas (which is much better than wav2cas). I cut off the silent parts of the wav-files and I switched the stereo tracks of Superman side A. The left track was much better and louder than the right (data) track.superman_galactic.zip

superman_galactic.zip

One question. You wrote Superman Ariolasoft UK release. I know of the Prism Leisure UK release, is your tape really an Ariolasoft release?

Edited by Fred_M
added a question
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Fred_M said:

Sorry Mac, but I don't see (or hear) any dropouts...... ;-) 

Yeah I edited the post because I had all sorts of turbo settings on and a couple of devices and also I tested in NTSC by mistake, so when I listened to the load it was dropping out..(even though it wasn't really, was just my setup)

Went beck and retested and only had the one duff tape what was just a duplicate side so no problem..

Thanks to Sysytem11 for the dumps...