IGNORED

Q*Bert's Qubes

bluejay

I own a copy of Q*bert's Qubes and I know its rarity level is 9. However, I can't find how many copies of the game were produced, therefore I have no idea how rare it ACTUALLY is. So here's my question. How many copies of Q*bert's Qubes were made? And here's my suggestion. How 'bout adding the approximate number of produced carts in the rarity guide?

20 hours ago, krslam said:

The data you're asking for likely doesn't exist, and even if it did, rarity is more about the number of surviving copies than how many were produced.

I agree, that such a list doesn't exist.

But how many cartridges were sold of the blockbusters like PacMan, Space Invaders, Pitfall, Donkey Kong ....?

21 hours ago, Mangia-Boy said:

I agree, that such a list doesn't exist.

But how many cartridges were sold of the blockbusters like PacMan, Space Invaders, Pitfall, Donkey Kong ....?

If you're looking for an upper limit, that is, the number of the most copies of a single game made, that's likely Pac-Man at 12 million made.  Of those, "only" about 7 million sold.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-Man_(Atari_2600)

Here's a chart showing some of the other best sellers...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Atari_2600_video_games

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2019 at 8:35 PM, bluejay said:

I own a copy of Q*bert's Qubes and I know its rarity level is 9. However, I can't find how many copies of the game were produced, therefore I have no idea how rare it ACTUALLY is. So here's my question. How many copies of Q*bert's Qubes were made? And here's my suggestion. How 'bout adding the approximate number of produced carts in the rarity guide?

Qubes as a loose cartridge is more like a strong R7 or a weaker R8. The R9 status it might have once had is long, long gone. The only way I could see it being called an R9 would be mint and complete in the box.

4 hours ago, Mangia-Boy said:

A real R9 in my eyes is River Patrol.

or basically half the Tigervision subset for 2600.....when was the last time an Espial or Springer showed up anywhere besides collector conventions and E-bay?  for that matter, same guide shows Miner 2049'er part II as only a '7'.....

1 minute ago, eddhell said:

or basically half the Tigervision subset for 2600.....when was the last time an Espial or Springer showed up anywhere besides collector conventions and E-bay?  for that matter, same guide shows Miner 2049'er part II as only a '7'.....

All the other Tigervision cartridges were easy to find for me... and for a cheap price.

But I don't follow EBAY actions any longer, so I can't say how it's nowadays.

River Patrol is the great gap in my collection. I don't own R10 and I'm not interested in.

But completing Tigervision games is still appealing.

4 hours ago, eddhell said:

how long ago was that??  were they local pickups, or mostly internet purchases?

About 10 years ago. But I don't make any difference if my games are NTSC or PAL. But River Patrol is NTSC exclusive.

In Europe Espial and Miner II are also rare, but maybe not comparable to the situation in the Unites States.

And of course the PAL cartridges are often less expensive.

• 3 years later...
On 11/3/2019 at 6:17 AM, eddhell said:

This should statistically skew things up, in 2003 I got a CIB copy of Espial for .99cents! off of EvilPay.

As for Q*Berts Qubes, I paid $260 for the CIB copy and $90 for the loose cart.