IGNORED

Short pair of controller extension cables found

Rob Mitchell

You never seen these before and yet you want to cut them down to size? What if they are as rare as they appear to be? Are you sure all the wiring is not swapping somewhere like a y adapter does? Have you tested these out to be sure controller preform as intended or possibly changes so games like raders of the lost ark can be played differently beings it is a single player games that ises 2 controllers. Just curious especually when I would emagiene if you know how to cut these down I would asume you can make a total custom variant of your own all the same with not much difference in the amout if effort taken to do so.

I'm wondering if this is intended for use with an Atari ST, since it says "Joystick and Mouse". On an ST, the joystick and mouse ports are hidden away in a hard-to-reach spot beneath the keyboard. These would extend just long enough to reach that opening. Then you could leave them plugged in all the time and it would be easier to swap in/out joysticks and mice.

Edited by graywest
  • Like 2

On 10/21/2019 at 1:11 PM, graywest said:

I'm wondering if this is intended for use with an Atari ST, since it says "Joystick and Mouse". On an ST, the joystick and mouse ports are hidden away in a hard-to-reach spot beneath the keyboard. These would extend just long enough to reach that opening. Then you could leave them plugged in all the time and it would be easier to swap in/out joysticks and mice.

That's what I was thinking, as I had some of these for my ST at one point.

Whoever designed the ST mouse / joystick port location deserves a wedgie.

On 10/21/2019 at 3:30 AM, overgrouth said:

You never seen these before and yet you want to cut them down to size?

I am trimming a small amount of rubber from the bottom of the plugs to fit the Vectrex controller ports.  They are 9 wire through cables and will work with all 9 pin controller port systems.

I have a few of these; they're more commonly referred to as port savers.  They're intended to reduce wear and tear on the controller ports, and also to make it easier to change controllers in ports that are inconvenient to reach.  I'm using one of them with my XEGS, and it works just fine with all the controllers I've tested it with.