IGNORED

What's the rarest 2600 game in your Collection?

Polybius

Wow, impressive pics @high voltage!

My rarest carts are probably Tooth Protectors, Out Of Control or Quadrun, going by AA's rarity guide.  However, all R9's are certainly not the same as far as rarity goes.  I mean, compare (say) Bumper Bash, which comes up somewhat often for sale, to the NTSC Bomb games, which rarely do.  I guess you could say I don't have any of the "rare" R9's :)

My closest brush with an R10 was back when Game Gavel was around.  I kept getting outbid on Music Machine and finally gave up because the person who kept outbidding me was none other than Mike Kennedy, the owner of the site!  This was before the Retro VGS/Chameleon disaster, but it left me forever grumpy about him.  He didn't do anything unfair, exactly, but how in the hell are you ever going to outbid someone on their own auction site??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sramirez2008 said:

Lol!  I found two Crazy Climbers too and I still have them.  I should probably sell/trade one.?

CIB?

Anyway, my two rarest games are:

quadrun.jpg.bee29c02bc34baf925d185184af0dcc6.jpg strnghld.jpg.4bb066234dbe6191f51b25b36b34a26b.jpg

Why are they rare?

Because they're not well-done!

Ba-dum. ?

I'll be here all week. Try the veal. Tip your waitress.

• Haha 4

This thread lead me to the conclusion that "Crazy Climber" is probably my rarest game. I bought that for a fair bit of money knowing that it was rare (I like the game).

I would have said "Pengo" which I bought from an AtariAge member (also just because I like the game) for not much money, not knowing it was scarce.

Had no idea that "Up n' Down" was as rare as it is ranked. I got that in a lot of carts that all are were very uncommon - but not sold as a rare / scarce game lot.

I have no care for the "rare due to being a bad game".

• Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 10:26 PM, DragonGrafx-16 said:

Pooyan (at 5) is my rarest game... it was first of the 3 games Konami released themselves on the system. 4s I have are Telegames Superman (text),  Pitfall II, Mario Bros (1983 version), Cosmic Creeps (standard).

Oh I forgot to mention that I have some other 4s... Sprintmaster. Entombed, Eggomania, Ghost Manor/Spike's Peak, Squeeze Box, Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator, Title Match Pro Wrestling, Winter Games and Bermuda Triangle. Had more of them than I realized. lol

On 10/17/2019 at 11:36 PM, glazball said:

Wow, impressive pics @high voltage!

My rarest carts are probably Tooth Protectors, Out Of Control or Quadrun, going by AA's rarity guide.  However, all R9's are certainly not the same as far as rarity goes.  I mean, compare (say) Bumper Bash, which comes up somewhat often for sale, to the NTSC Bomb games, which rarely do.  I guess you could say I don't have any of the "rare" R9's :)

My closest brush with an R10 was back when Game Gavel was around.  I kept getting outbid on Music Machine and finally gave up because the person who kept outbidding me was none other than Mike Kennedy, the owner of the site!  This was before the Retro VGS/Chameleon disaster, but it left me forever grumpy about him.  He didn't do anything unfair, exactly, but how in the hell are you ever going to outbid someone on their own auction site??

Thanks

Cartridge only, no box I have:

Pengo, Quadrun, Crazy Climber, Death Trap, Video Jogger, Boing!, Chase the Chuckwagon, Guardian and others.

Sorry to hear about Music Machine, but I reckon staff from ebay do some bidding themselves on the bay!! Maybe the Kennedy guy thought so himself too.

Edited by high voltage

On 10/17/2019 at 3:17 AM, high voltage said:

Click to view full size imageClick to view full size imageClick to view full size image

Click to view full size imageClick to view full size imageClick to view full size image

Click to view full size imageClick to view full size imageClick to view full size imageClick to view full size imageClick to view full size image

BMX Air Master cart didn't have a cartridge label, Wall Defender has no box

Wow, that's quite a collection there! Those funky MB controllers are especially cool!  Also, I didn't even know about the "16-n-1" carts. Are those PAL? 

The  Taiwan Cooper "popeye" cart arrived today, so I have some more pics.  That back description,  LMAO !  ?

Also, a couple other uncommon carts in my collection,  a blue label "Atlantis", and "Name this Game"  (US Games) 

20191021_110124.jpg

20191021_110138.jpg

20191021_114602.jpg

20191022_030303.jpg

• Haha 2

On 10/20/2019 at 12:00 PM, Zwackery said:

The rarity levels in the AA database are up for a lot of debate and in need of revision.

Absolutely. Many of those ratings are waaay out of date. There was a time when NTSC copies of Xenophobe, Ikari Warriors, Road Runner, Motorodeo, etc. were considered way rarer than what they are now, thanks to the Venezuela NOS find. (Actually, were those ratings modified somewhat at some point? I seem to recall Ikari Warriors and Motorodeo being rated waaay higher than the 5 they both currently have...)

Anyway, as far as things currently stand, my rarest game is Swordquest:Waterworld, followed by several 5s and 6s (and plenty of 4s, which I'm not even going to begin naming). Cosmic Commuter, River Raid II, Gremlins, Star Wars: The Arcade Game are what come to mind. I think I might still have Crash Dive somewhere, and there may be a few other 5/6 titles that I'm not recalling.

(Regarding Cosmic Commuter, I tried selling it here on AA several years ago, but the only person who bit was someone trying to lowball me. The game isn't worth a fortune, but man, if I'd gone for their offer, after shipping and PayPal fees I would have gotten less than $10 for it! In retrospect, I'm glad we never worked out a deal, not just because of the offer or rarity but because I've just wound up really glad it's part of my collection.)

I think my favorite 'rare' game in my collection is a boxed copy of Ghostbusters II. It was only released in PAL territories, and while it isn't (or at least wasn't; not sure how things stand now) particularly rare in those parts, it was never released in North America, and as a lifelong GB fan, well, it was a must-have.