IGNORED

Help with value? Atari 2600

Moist

Not sure where to post this so remove or move it if it's wrong.

Hi! I have some atari 2600 games (proto, samples, sealed etc) that I would like to get an idea on the value on cause I don't wanna put them on eBay for $1 to see the value... well I don't wanna put them on eBay at all. I've checked all the rarity guides and value-sites I've found without much luck, they usually don't have prototypes, game samples and take in consideration sealed games etc.

Anyone here that can help me with some values?

Yes, I'm brand new on atariage.com but I've collected retro games for 15 years BUT I've never collected Atari 2600. My drug has been Vectrex!

Pictures of the stuff: http://davidlilja.se/atari-stuff/

Email me at mail@davidlilja.se or PM here

cheers

• Like 1

I also am not an expert on this subject. To me the labels looks legit. The discoloration, glue bleed through and general label curling on the end labels show true age. I don't know why anyone would want to fake these games. From a rarity standpoint it doesn't make sense to choose these games to try and make some fake carts. 

My opinion is just that. Hopefully someone with more informations can chime in. 

Sounds like you've got a good handle on it then! ?

But seriously, coming in here and requesting quick valuation of something you've never collected before is maybe not the best first impression. Forums can be slow; people will reply when-they-can and/or if-they-want.

Marc O. has had a CIB Rush Hour for sale at 70.00 EUR; you could search the forums here and maybe look for some other prior sales. No idea about that specific Halloween release, sorry. Tempest 5200 CIB has sold a couple times in the last year on eBay, I think; stick around and wait for some additional sales and I'm sure you'll eventually see one.

The A-Team proto board... if it's a revision that isn't one of the two that are already circulating, that certainly would increase its value. Obviously it has intrinsic value as a prototype of an unreleased game, but an unlabeled board is a little less appealing/interesting than a labeled one, IMO. Figuring out whether it's a previously unknown version and letting the community know would be a nice way to introduce yourself, I think. It would also help to determine its value.

I think $175 each for the Data Age releases might be a reasonable guess, but since we only have one partial data point from 13 years ago it's really hard to say for sure. Anyway, while they're final releases, there would still certainly be some demand for the carts. The boxes and manuals are likely identical to the retail releases; I can attest to the fact that the manuals are the same, anyway. Your "Something is only worth..." statement applies to these more than anything else on your list.

Everything else, I think you should be able to determine a reasonable value estimate by looking at eBay sales and price charting guides.

Let us know about that A-Team cart!

1 hour ago, Ballblaɀer said:

But seriously, coming in here and requesting quick valuation of something you've never collected before is maybe not the best first impression. Forums can be slow; people will reply when-they-can and/or if-they-want.

I have no hurry at all, just that my first answers was about them might being fake and I just wrote that I'm not worried that they are not legit but was asking about the value. Just to get back on track. And forums are slow, I know, too bad that Facebook has taken over by its terrible groups. 

And prospective buyers will indeed set the value or "Something is only worth..." and that's for everything in the collectors market so it's kind of obvious. It's not like I think everything has a set price. Just wanted an estimate so I know if or when I'm gonna let them go.

And I understand about the first impression cause I use to run one of the biggest retro forums in Scandinavia and you got a bit annoyed when someone registered and just posted about values. And then I do it myself. ? ? Sorry 'bout that!

Anyway, thanks for the great feedback. Helps a lot.

I'll check out A-Team

• Like 1