IGNORED

TRON: The Arcade Game

keithbk

I have the TRON games for the Atari, I have the TRON games for Intellivision...

But has there ever been a faithful port of TRON: The Arcade Game for any classic game system (Colecovision, NES, etc)?

I always liked the stand-up arcade game and the fact that you get to choose from 4 totally different games. I thought maybe someone has done either a Homebrew or something, but have been unable to locate one.

• Like 1

A start was made on one, but it's incomplete. One of the issues keeping people away from it (besides the fact you're effectively programming four games rather than one), is the likelihood of Disney shutting down any sales of a completed cart.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/284017-tron-arcade-port/

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nathan Strum said:

A start was made on one, but it's incomplete. One of the issues keeping people away from it (besides the fact you're effectively programming four games rather than one), is the likelihood of Disney shutting down any sales of a completed cart.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/284017-tron-arcade-port/

That's awesome; will give it a go on my Flashback!

1 hour ago, jhd said:

I too loved the Tron arcade game, Sadly, it is not playable on MAME without a spinner control. 

I think you can use a mouse/trackball as a spinner but you do need a joystick with a fire on the stick and the ability to use the mouse joystick at the same time, like a dual joystick game with fire button. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 4:07 PM, Swami said:

I think you can use a mouse/trackball as a spinner but you do need a joystick with a fire on the stick and the ability to use the mouse joystick at the same time, like a dual joystick game with fire button. 

Just remap the controller functions for the game (MAME allows this).  Anything with a d-pad, a shoulder button, and an analogue will work.  Not an authentic experience, but playable.

• Like 1