IGNORED

Be, Inc. Oddities

PZSpbBm.jpg

On the left: a PPC603 CPU board for a Hobbit BeBox.  Wish I'd grabbed a second one when I had the chance, because it takes two of them connected with a ribbon cable to boot a Hobbit machine.

On the right: a Trident video card, also for a Hobbit BeBox.  Kinda dull in comparison to the PPC603 board.

Edited by x=usr(1536)

• 2 weeks later...

Another big BeOS fan here too! So much so I actually purchased stock in the company....no joke ;)

I ran BeOS R5 exclusively for a very long time until web browsing just became unbearable (even third party firefox ports were not that great). It is a shame too because everything about that OS was just excellent. I still have Scot Hacker's BeOS Bible as well. Great book to get yourself really familiarized with BeOS and discover the true power behind the OS.

Today BeOS still lives on in the form of Haiku OS. I would highly suggest checking that out if you are a BeOS fan as it is basically R5 but with many updates to work on more modern hardware...and old BeOS apps are binary compatible with it as well.