IGNORED

Eli's Ladder was sold in game shops?

high voltage

• 8 months later...

It could have been sold in some shops locally but it's only believed to have been available directly from Simage.  Although no dealer ad or original owner has ever been found that I know of, so it's hard to say for certain exactly how and where it might've been sold.  I know of at least one person who purchased it via mail order from Video Game Take-Out in North Hollywood, who had reviewed the game in their Video Game Update newsletter.  According to that review, the game was available directly from the company.

elrev.png

12 hours ago, Video said:

They were sold in book stores, of all things. I remember some of them at a local "christian" bookstore, but never saw them anywhere else.

Makes sense actually, especially given the lack of parent/teacher-type stores back in those days.  This would also explain why Simage was sometimes referred to as a "religious" company in old Atari collecting circles.  Out of curiosity, when you say "local" where exactly are you referring to?

It was a larger store in texas, Dallas I think, but it's been to long, and Atari was on the way out by then. I don't even remember the stores name, back in the 80's I was more interested in another store that had used media, I'd get laserdisc and vinyl records there. Local, local just kind of sucked in general, and, well, still does honestly. Heh, the joys of living in a small town.