IGNORED

C060609

Larry

I'm cleaning off my work table, and ran across an unmarked packet of chips (probably from Best Elec.).  It contained 2 each MB81464-10 drams and a C060609.  (BTW, the print on the chips is clearly C0, and not CO.) Does anybody recognize what the C060609 is, and what these are used for?  It's a 20-pin IC, so that should narrow it down.  I must have bought these for some type of upgrade -- 600XL, maybe?  Hope they are for the 600XL -- I have a new one that I'd like to upgrade this winter.

Thanks,

Larry

20 minutes ago, Tickled_Pink said:

Just had a quick look at the datasheets. I have some TMS4164 RAM chips here and these can, I believe, be fitted to an XL (same pinouts as others I've seen fitted). I compared the datasheet to the chips you have and the pinouts are completely different.

@BillC are right ?.

The xx464 DRAM chips are 64kx4 Bit organised (2 chips for 64kB, mostly used in ATARI XEGS, and some of the latest 65XE/800XE/130XE) 

See Datasheet attached...

The xx164 instead are 64kx1 Bit organised (8 chips for 64kB), used in lots of XL/XE and lots of other system too...)

Gtx.,

andY

81464_DRAM.pdf

Edited by andymanone
  • Like 1