IGNORED

Flashback 6 questions

Hey, my local Mom and Pop gaming shop brings in AtGames stuff from time to time, and they're unloading some old Flashback 6s right now. Anyone know much about that version?  Online I see that the wireless controllers are "line of sight" and that possibly Secret Quest doesn't work because there are missing switches (leading me to ask why was it included at all).  Anyone know if this one is worth owning if you can get it cheap/  Are the controllers terrible?  Is there a trick to play games with missing switches (like Secret Quest)?  I'm not incredibly picky about these systems, and having two wireless controllers on a system would make for a good system for me and my 7-year old on the living room TV (he likes Atari because I'm raising him right).  Thanks for any help. 

Edited by Atarifever

18 minutes ago, Atarifever said:

Hey, my local Mom and Pop gaming shop brings in AtGames stuff from time to time, and they're unloading some old Flashback 6s right now. Anyone know much about that version?  Online I see that the wireless controllers are "line of sight" and that possibly Secret Quest doesn't work because there are missing switches (leading me to ask why was it included at all).  Anyone know if this one is worth owning if you can get it cheap/  Are the controllers terrible?  Is there a trick to play games with missing switches (like Secret Quest)?  I'm not incredibly picky about these systems, and having two wireless controllers on a system would make for a good system for me and my 7-year old on the living room TV (he likes Atari because I'm raising him right).  Thanks for any help. 

The controllers are good, but are infrared, so require line-of-sight at all times (and only work on certain Flashbacks; you can still use wired controllers, of course), and, as you say, Secret Quest doesn't allow access to the map screen. As such, there's no specific reason to get it unless you're a collector of plug and plays or you can get it super cheap (as it does work fine otherwise, etc.). There have been 4+ versions since the release of the 6, and it's usually better spending a little more to get a newer model with various improvements.