IGNORED

He just sold me the printer

rietveld

I have a full ADAM setup (printer, keyboard, console ).  

I also have a module 3 and keyboard, but no printer

Saw an ad on the local buy and sell advertising a complete ADAM setup for $400 . It has been listed since August.  On a whim I asked if the seller would just sell the printer.   To my surprise he said sure. He said he didn't think anyone would want a clunky old printer anyway  . Got the working printer for $35 USD.   Guy said who ever buys the computer won't want an older printer that uses ribbons anyway  

This guy was definitely not Colecovision guy 

Anyway, never hurts to ask

19 minutes ago, fiddlepaddle said:

I would have told him the computer is useless without the printer. You took advantage of him.

I actually did tell him the printer was the power source and that's why I only need that piece.   He said he had not had anyone call since the ad was put up in August.   He was wiling to part out at this point.    

I was tempted but he wanted too much for the other stuff.   

That's why it never hurts to ask.  

Edited by rietveld
add more info

19 minutes ago, rietveld said:

I actually did tell him the printer was the power source and that's why I only need that piece.   He said he had not had anyone call since the ad was put up in August.   He was wiling to part out at this point.    

I was tempted but he wanted too much for the other stuff.   

That's why it never hurts to ask.  

You can use the adam without the printer, providing you supply a replacement power unit.  It doesn't kill the machine to subtract the printer, though the Adam's reputation suggests otherwise.

54 minutes ago, fiddlepaddle said:

OK, sorry to accuse you...

No hurt feelings. I have seen the ad up for a while. It said 'sell as lot'.   I figured after 3 months it either sold (and he never removed the listing) or he didn't have any takers.     I messaged back and forth a few times before he agreed that no one was interested in that beast of a power supply / printer.    I think he now figures it may be easier to sell parts of it to people who need them. I imagine that the keyboard will be an easy sale for him if he ebays it. The module 3 was in perfect shape. Included also was the colecovision, steering wheel,  both sets of controllers, and several games

Edited by rietveld
spelling

17 minutes ago, rietveld said:

No hurt feelings. I have seen the ad up for a while. It said 'sell as lot'.   I figured after 3 months it either sold (and he never removed the listing) or he didn't have any takers.     I messaged back and forth a few times before he agreed that no one was interested in that beast of a power supply / printer.    I think he now figures it may be easier to sell parts of it to people who need them. I imagine that the keyboard will be an easy sale for him if he ebays it. The module 3 was in perfect shape. Included also was the colecovision, steering wheel,  both sets of controllers, and several games

I always wanted one, primarily for the tape deck, but I was leery of any media I could not myself format.  Still, those tape decks are COOL.