IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2019 thread

Grig

Thanks so much to my Secret Santa!!!! (not such a secret, either). First off, they did a great job picking candy that is not available here in the states. The Pro(c) Atari magazine is very cool, especially since Atari is kinda the next frontier for me in retro computers. The t-shirt is also an awesome bonus as Bosconian is a favorite of mine. But the pièce de résistance was a boxed homebrew for C64 called L'Abbaye Des Morts. Weird name but very cool looking platformer. This is a boxed cartridge version that comes with a cool ring as a feely. I will be heading up to play this when everyone get the fudge out of my house tonight.  Thanks so much!!!!!

rtjhusrfjth.jpg

• Like 5

Yay!!! Happy children!!! Thank you santa!

Wow it's so funny, I threw in some second hand Thomas trains in their stockings (from my Boss at work, I work for nice people), and they fit this track!!

And Minnie's pet salon is a big hit. She's making cute  blabbering with it at this very moment.

IMG_20191225_100511072.jpg

• Like 5

Christmas day...opened my package:

hhMj18.jpg

An absolutely amazing amount of time and energy went into wrapping and packaging this (which was all shipped/protected inside a storage tub, inside the shipping box)!

And after filling a trash bag full of wrappings:

AHmAuK.jpg

An incredible array of generosity from Santa!

So I had indicated my love/collection of Sega and Nintendo...and all types of unique hardware, especially controllers...and Santa doth provide.

*A Saturn Twin Stick with Saturn-to-Dreamcast adapter with both Virtual On games plus other Saturn and Dreamcast Games (which I needed a replacement as I converted my last one into a ColecoVision controller, and I didn't have the Dreamcast version)

*A Famicom Power Glove (I've never owned one) with Famicom-to-NES adapter and Bad Street Brawler Power Glove Game (super cool!)

*A pair of Atari WICO ball-top joysticks, which I've been meaning to get as my sisters and I had them as kids

* Flynn (TRON) action figure...makes sense as TRON and TRON: Legacy are 2 of my favorite all time movies

* A new cage for my hamster Phat Toni:

91Jj2h.png

Sneak 'n Peek for the 2600 - which I don't think I've ever played

...and assorted foods/candies.

Thanks so much Santa for everything.  ?

• Like 9

In addition to a huge package of mixed nuts, I got a bunch of #1 issues of comics (Not pictured) Some cool Star Wars and D&D figures and a super nice complete copy of Mountain King! I had a boxed Mountain King, but it was in terrible condition. The front of the box was ripped across. I love my mint copy! Used to have this game as a kid and always loved it!

20191224_001324.jpg

20191225_160159.jpg

• Like 8

Thanks to my secret santa for these awesome gifts! I received a little stocking with a tiny car, zelda pin and a candy bar which didn't last through the unboxing. I also got a european dvd of 'Day of the Triffids'. I've been wanting to expand my pal region dvds so double bonus there! I had heard of it but never played before, but the nes copy of 'The Guardian Legend' is very addictive. My brother and I played all day yesterday.

IMG_1220.thumb.JPG.aca34a3433ad95474a18fdbef462aec6.JPG

This one deserves a close-up, it's a Clint Eastwood tree ornament! I don't know who likes it more, me or my dad.

IMG_1221.thumb.JPG.c0c2e69ec342c654ab38a2ce86c029b8.JPG

Thanks again secret santa!

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, emerson said:

Thanks to my secret santa for these awesome gifts! I received a little stocking with a tiny car, zelda pin and a candy bar which didn't last through the unboxing. I also got a european dvd of 'Day of the Triffids'. I've been wanting to expand my pal region dvds so double bonus there! I had heard of it but never played before, but the nes copy of 'The Guardian Legend' is very addictive. My brother and I played all day yesterday.

IMG_1220.thumb.JPG.aca34a3433ad95474a18fdbef462aec6.JPG

This one deserves a close-up, it's a Clint Eastwood tree ornament! I don't know who likes it more, me or my dad.

IMG_1221.thumb.JPG.c0c2e69ec342c654ab38a2ce86c029b8.JPG

Thanks again secret santa!

Good, good- my plan to seed the world with copies of the Guardian Legend is working beautifully!

You'll have to tell me how you like the Triffids, I know my mom will be curious- I don't watch a lot of movies myself, but your list of preferred genres/owned films almost perfectly overlapped her favorites, so I immediately consulted her for recommendations ? She was positively giddy when I read her the info- although she did have to rethink her top suggestion since you already had The Brain That Wouldn't Die! 

21 hours ago, doubledown said:

Christmas day...opened my package:

hhMj18.jpg

An absolutely amazing amount of time and energy went into wrapping and packaging this (which was all shipped/protected inside a storage tub, inside the shipping box)!

And after filling a trash bag full of wrappings:

AHmAuK.jpg

An incredible array of generosity from Santa!

So I had indicated my love/collection of Sega and Nintendo...and all types of unique hardware, especially controllers...and Santa doth provide.

*A Saturn Twin Stick with Saturn-to-Dreamcast adapter with both Virtual On games plus other Saturn and Dreamcast Games (which I needed a replacement as I converted my last one into a ColecoVision controller, and I didn't have the Dreamcast version)

*A Famicom Power Glove (I've never owned one) with Famicom-to-NES adapter and Bad Street Brawler Power Glove Game (super cool!)

*A pair of Atari WICO ball-top joysticks, which I've been meaning to get as my sisters and I had them as kids

* Flynn (TRON) action figure...makes sense as TRON and TRON: Legacy are 2 of my favorite all time movies

* A new cage for my hamster Phat Toni:

91Jj2h.png

Sneak 'n Peek for the 2600 - which I don't think I've ever played

...and assorted foods/candies.

Thanks so much Santa for everything.  ?

SantaJoysticks.thumb.png.54176f59f22224e7c33fc618b96ae335.png

Glad u liked everything!

I you're having trouble recognizing who/what is represented in the amulet, you should post a picture.  I'm pretty certain that a certain someone in this thread can identify it in two shakes of a reindeer's tail.

(also since The Guardian Legend was just brought up, which is one of my all-times favs... I get to post this little GIF... which is also one of my all-time fav little GIFs...  gs.gif.196982e0b27244ff8480169396feeddf.gif)

... also don't expect much from Sneak n' Peek. Other then it having the personal distinction of being the first cartridge I think I ever bought in my life with my own hard-earned allowance, it's laughably terrible. (Not that particular cartridge tho, which has been lost to the sands of time, -at least I don't think so, which would be really weird and maybe movie-worthy if that is the physical cart I bought when I was roughly 4). 

It might be worth passing on as a gag gift next year if you participate, especially if you can find "No Peeking" wrapping paper. ;)  Just a suggestion.

• Like 3

Happy Boxing Day everyone, and I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, a continuing Happy Hanukah, or at least a relaxing 25th.

This has nothing to do with AASS, but I wanted to show off one of my other gifts.  It's not an Atari, but...

ChristmasShirt2.thumb.jpg.739eb7dc9bb02326132f30f51e32871a.jpg

....it'll do.  I love my mother.

• Like 5

On 12/25/2019 at 12:10 PM, Chuck D. Head said:

Thanks so much to my Secret Santa!!!! (not such a secret, either). First off, they did a great job picking candy that is not available here in the states. The Pro(c) Atari magazine is very cool, especially since Atari is kinda the next frontier for me in retro computers. The t-shirt is also an awesome bonus as Bosconian is a favorite of mine. But the pièce de résistance was a boxed homebrew for C64 called L'Abbaye Des Morts. Weird name but very cool looking platformer. This is a boxed cartridge version that comes with a cool ring as a feely. I will be heading up to play this when everyone get the fudge out of my house tonight.  Thanks so much!!!!!

rtjhusrfjth.jpg

I have L'Abbaye Des Morts on the Genesis, and it's a fun game. I just watched a video today on YouTube (from RetroGamerNation), and it was voted the #2 C64 game released in 2019.

23 hours ago, SoulBlazer said:

Okay, now that it's past Christmas, who was my Secret Santa?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Me. :)

• Like 2

I'm posting this from my phone... chances are the pictures are going to be massive so I apologize in advance!

IMG_1790.thumb.JPG.363c11d546df00c3de4d037a0141bf66.JPG

my box came in like 2 weeks ago I think, and I put it underneath the tree in the back. Out of sight, out of mind. The only way to resist.

IMG_1791.thumb.JPG.7075caf6299d39005cf1f179373bf3fe.JPG

on Christmas Day (yesterday), I opened the box to find a card, some wrapped gifts, and a glitter explosion (my wife yelled about that ?).

IMG_1793.thumb.JPG.be09d616ca2603c90065728f1ae5b5b4.JPG

A nice message in the card.

IMG_1794.thumb.JPG.8217c55e217b413b265e57921bb1e197.JPG

Everything taken out of the box!

IMG_1795.thumb.JPG.5d6f8af45f7ac59b1a1f7467f0a8a664.JPG

First up is delicious candy! The smaller box has been depleted. Possibly by the same elves who devour vanilla wafers. ?

IMG_1796.thumb.JPG.ba5ed978aa072b6c8b728677043aa6b9.JPG

My daughter claimed the NOEL necklace.

IMG_1797.thumb.JPG.20fa6feda5850b0b6b0cdcc2321e4372.JPG

Two very interesting books, 2 fishing derby pins, and some Christmas pins too!

IMG_1798.thumb.JPG.e336e47b03a9c97b4ee9a4f2e4b2efe2.JPG

A freaking SEALED SNES TITLE and  Burgertime mini arcade!

IMG_1799.thumb.JPG.1f62a08ceb6f3057b02b652d6a0f8f8f.JPG

i will call these "Moshi and Yario" brick puzzles for copyright reasons!

IMG_1801.thumb.JPG.c5f2dff29c4c4bedd02fcf2ff351d7e8.JPG

A new DIY Atari 2600 game! This one's designed like old static-image LCD handheld games, which I love and collect. Perfect choice!

IMG_1802.thumb.JPG.e0f6adfa8be815c2c25ede7b41c4df03.JPG

minion PEZ and "It's Ma'am E.T." ?

IMG_1803.thumb.JPG.3d4b6a9903746c37df2768c144f593d8.JPG

mushroom kingdom goodies. Didn't see any red shells to equip my car but the Star and mushroom will surely rocket me back to 1st!!

IMG_1804.thumb.JPG.b873b29046e116a588670adb7b1be201.JPG

Activision YOU SUCK! A keychain and a patch. Hilarious. Took me about 30 seconds to figure out that the light bulb shaped card was indeed an LED light, illuminating the Atari logo in green!

IMG_1805.thumb.JPG.1597ac52e353fbe196caa9ff9e6eaad9.JPG

The turtle testicles. This was perfect. Long story short, almost 20 years ago my veterinarian sister in law showed me cat balls in a jar. It scarred me. When's she came over I got my revenge. ?

IMG_1806.thumb.JPG.58e43483d03e7df7cc2673336c76cd47.JPG

Two Jaguar-branded pens. I never owned the system but I always liked the logo, and my younger daughter found one and drew all over herself. Wife Yell #2 ??

IMG_1807.thumb.JPG.5e882f293de9c7a18018b753ffee59f6.JPG

Giant wall stickers!

IMG_1808.thumb.JPG.0f58defda8af550d17ffa6d7b778213f.JPG

A frame-deserving poster of 2600 PAC-MAN!

This was such a fun box!! Thank you Secret Santa!!

Edited by bomberpunk
Typos
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Grig said:

Anyone not get a gift this year (or at least know it is stuck in customs?) Let me know soon as this will be my last year doing AA Secret Santa.

That’s sad to hear but understandable. I’ve enjoyed these every year and will definitely miss it.

You run a great campaign. A sincere “thank you” from me and the Mrs. 

Edit: I know my package was delivered a few weeks ago but never saw it acknowledged in the thread. Hope they enjoyed it.

Edited by ClassicGMR