IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2019 thread

Grig

19 hours ago, Grig said:

Anyone not get a gift this year (or at least know it is stuck in customs?) Let me know soon as this will be my last year doing AA Secret Santa.

Thank you for all of your work organizing the AtariAge Secret Santa! I've only participated the last two years, but I've really enjoyed it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Thanks, Grig, for all the hard work and fun!  Hopefully someone else will run this next year.

I second this! Lots of fun the 5 years I've participated. Did I miss the reason why? 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, chicgamer said:

You sent some really cool stuff! I had no idea those Mattel Electronics keychains existed.

I think they released baseball, basketball and football. I don't remember ever seeing a hockey though.

The R4DS is the multicart for the Nintendo DS and the PS Classic was already modded with a 128GB USB drive ready to be loaded. I don't fool around when I do Santa stuff! :)

• Like 1

So, when I got to work this morning this greeted me on my desk (Obviously it was sealed but I couldn't wait that long, lol) .... 

image.thumb.png.19af3bae4a39a75ab43bcf7446cd4608.png

Inside this wonderland we have....

image.thumb.png.d0e5de5e9ae59f0e76ba01668af1ccf9.png

What could they be??

image.thumb.png.9a23d807bbf853da6f39392b5a6d297a.png

Hmm, no hints here of what or from whom! 3 year old ripping paper off mode engaged!

image.thumb.png.544668573cee4c8f18c3ea77898106f0.png

Awesome! Of course, I had to have a go there and then, which involved quickly turning off the audio (LOL, cow-orkers!) and somewhat delayed the next gifts reveal! Which was......

image.thumb.png.8f2ac5133493790b762645fcbc36facf.png

Now, for the past few months I've been on a bit of a board game bender with a group of friends, so this was really, really welcome.  Cannot wait to have a game on this!  But there was another parcel underneath this one.... which once ripped open revealed...

image.thumb.png.29d3bba604482ee8d23169be3056fd20.png

I had no idea what this was.  So was utterly amazed to find inside!

image.thumb.png.e6a159afa0e7e227d89ffd148df2433b.png

image.thumb.png.3bbf6111c9ba4c577c406d4cf949ca71.png

Utterly amazing, I'd mentioned I liked movie soundtracks in the 'about me' message.  But there was one other in here that totally blew me away and literally made this the most amazing Xmas gift. Sorry the photo is blurry, I could get another one now, but it wouldn't be 'from the moment' - I was laughing so much with this one the camera wasn't in focus.

image.thumb.png.6f45d363b80ef3eaaf097720cf71a747.png

I don't know who you are, but thank you so much.  This is just fantastic.  I hope you (and everyone else) had as much joy opening your SS as I did!

PLEASE let someone else run this next year. I am so up for doing this again!

PS. Here's Galaga next to Galagon (From the AtariAge store) :)

image.thumb.png.547386bde7aadb1dbff71f78a3bbba32.png

• Like 9

Well, well... There's only one thing redder (more red?) than Santa's coat - red tape!

Turns out my Secret Santa package was held captive in customs, and I only got notified on Jan 3. Boy, was it worth the wait!

- A letter and a half from Santa (not shown on picture)

- Two vintage Atari VCS carts

- An Activision patch

- A very well made brand-new 6-button Genesis/Mega Drive controller

- A Zelda soundtrack CD (not shown on picture)

- A special treat hidden in the CD sleeve (also not shown on picture)

- A brand new Lady Bug cart with manual and all the usual AtariAge treats!!!

I am exceptionally happy with this bundle of gifts. Santa has put a lot of thought (and a considerable amount of cash) into this. Thank you so much, Santa! You gave me a great start into the year 2020. Very much appreciated!

It was a bit on the edge, by the way. I had to open the whole package at the custom's office, and the clerk was slightly suspicious (because of the included hidden special treat) and started googling ebay prices for some items. I managed to evade paying taxes by handing him the Quelle cart as a reference, and he extrapolated the value of the rest from there - including the AtariAge homebrew ;-). Sometimes it's a good thing that not many people are into this hobby.

The anoying bit was that I kindly asked him to hum "Jingle Bells" for me while I unpacked the gifts - and he refused! So rude!

DSCN0825.JPG

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, karokoenig said:

Well, well... There's only one thing redder (more red?) than Santa's coat - red tape!

Turns out my Secret Santa package was held captive in customs, and I only got notified on Jan 3. Boy, was it worth the wait!

- A letter and a half from Santa (not shown on picture)

- Two vintage Atari VCS carts

- An Activision patch

- A very well made brand-new 6-button Genesis/Mega Drive controller

- A Zelda soundtrack CD (not shown on picture)

- A special treat hidden in the CD sleeve (also not shown on picture)

- A brand new Lady Bug cart with manual and all the usual AtariAge treats!!!

I am exceptionally happy with this bundle of gifts. Santa has put a lot of thought (and a considerable amount of cash) into this. Thank you so much, Santa! You gave me a great start into the year 2020. Very much appreciated!

It was a bit on the edge, by the way. I had to open the whole package at the custom's office, and the clerk was slightly suspicious (because of the included hidden special treat) and started googling ebay prices for some items. I managed to evade paying taxes by handing him the Quelle cart as a reference, and he extrapolated the value of the rest from there - including the AtariAge homebrew ;-). Sometimes it's a good thing that not many people are into this hobby.

The anoying bit was that I kindly asked him to hum "Jingle Bells" for me while I unpacked the gifts - and he refused! So rude!

DSCN0825.JPG

That is really cool. What are the two VCS games? They look like the are from over-seas....Germany maybe? Love the Activision patch!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Machine said:

That is really cool. What are the two VCS games? They look like the are from over-seas....Germany maybe? Love the Activision patch!!!

They are European indeed. Mr. Do is the Euro international version, the other one is German. Which is great, because I am German, and the Package came from the US. Likely not all that easy to find over there. As far as I can tell, it is easier to find US games here in Europe than vice versa - because NTSC games usually just work here (with different colours), while a PAL game in a US system won't work that easily. So US imports are more common here.

So... great work, Santa! Much appreciated.

• Like 1

Hopefully someone within the next 9 months decides to step up and continue the tradition of administrating the Secret Santa. It would involve a good deal of PM's back and forth, probably off-line documentation of participants, addresses and randomizing who sends to who, but with some planning most people should have the skills (though perhaps not always the time) to do it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, carlsson said:

Hopefully someone within the next 9 months decides to step up and continue the tradition of administrating the Secret Santa.

I would actually be all in for this since I'm annoying as hell so enthusiastic about the AA Secret Santa! (Check previous threads... both statements are true...)

Having said that I don't think I could. I've run mine at work for the last few years and I also take care of the fantasy football my friends and I play. Too much going on already. ?

• Like 2

There is a post a bit earlier on this page where @Chuck D. Head volunteered to help with this. I'm willing to help out as well. Maybe instead of putting all of this on one person, we can have a few people tackle it. I'm not sure if that makes sense, or if it would overcomplicate things.

I really want to see AtariAge Secret Santa continue, regardless of who takes over. This is the only way I get gaming-related stuff for Christmas ... unless I just buy for myself. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2020 at 12:26 AM, CyranoJ said:

I don't know who you are, but thank you so much.  This is just fantastic.  I hope you (and everyone else) had as much joy opening your SS as I did!

Guilty. :D

I'm happy everything made it without a hitch, and I'm especially happy they are things you can enjoy! 

I'm enjoying mine as well, and I just remembered I still need to take pictures of the LEGO kits put together.  I'll do that this week!

• Like 2