IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2019 thread

Grig

On 9/29/2020 at 5:25 PM, Rogerpoco said:

I don't know the details of how this goes, but I could definitely see being interested/able, I have a few neat things lying around "extra" and stuff, but again, I don't know the scope of it-I've sent and received several "grab bag" boxes in my short time in the gaming, it is fun, someone experienced mebbe PM me with details.

Here you go! Check out all the fun we have had in previous years. ?

On 10/30/2019 at 9:08 AM, ClassicGMR said:

Skim through the last few pages of these threads (including this one). You'll see what we exchanged the last few years. :)

clock.png

Edited by ClassicGMR
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

In in again!  Although I'm still waiting on parcels from 2.5 months ago, LOL.

*Shakes fist at COVID*

CaptainBreakout and I have discussed what is a good ship date for international packages. I was thinking around mid-November, but it sounds like still won't be soon enough to get packages to some places by Christmas.

So ... opening this up to any of you who have been shipping or receiving international packages—what do you think is a reasonable date for mailing international packages?

• Like 1

Under normal circumstances, Swedish PostNord recommends that packages sent abroad are posted no later than 2.5 weeks before Christmas (2 weeks within Europe). Given how many delays there seems to be this year, I think late November is good to aim for, perhaps even Nov 23-25.

Of course the sooner we can collect participants and distribute everything, the sooner we can ship. Some of buy gifts online, and those need to arrive as well before we can send them further. Ideally the first phase should be completed within the next two weeks, certainly well before Halloween.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, carlsson said:

Under normal circumstances, Swedish PostNord recommends that packages sent abroad are posted no later than 2.5 weeks before Christmas (2 weeks within Europe). Given how many delays there seems to be this year, I think late November is good to aim for, perhaps even Nov 23-25.

Of course the sooner we can collect participants and distribute everything, the sooner we can ship. Some of buy gifts online, and those need to arrive as well before we can send them further. Ideally the first phase should be completed within the next two weeks, certainly well before Halloween.

LET'S DO IT!!!!!!!!!!?

• Like 2

Regarding international shipping, I did send an untracked parcel back to Italy in March and it arrived two weeks ago! I think that, even though it was always recommended in all previous SS editions, willingness to ship with a tracking number this year is particularly important.

Cheers!

Roberto

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Might I suggest instead of random matching of people, geographic matching might be useful this year. 

I was actually thinking about this earlier today. It might make it a little less secret (for example, if we only have a couple of people from a specific region participating, then they would likely receive each other), but it might be the smart thing to do, given our current situation.

• Like 3

Without getting too deep into religion - which usually is not a topic here - remember the Three Kings didn't arrive with gifts to Jesus Christ until Epiphany. If he had the patience to wait two more weeks, most of us probably can too if we're warned about that.

However if you post a new thread asking for entries pretty much right away, you might be able to shift the first set of participants around Oct 16-18 and then latecomers would be part of a second shuffle.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 10/2/2020 at 7:31 AM, carlsson said:

Without getting too deep into religion - which usually is not a topic here - remember the Three Kings didn't arrive with gifts to Jesus Christ until Epiphany. If he had the patience to wait two more weeks, most of us probably can too if we're warned about that.

However if you post a new thread asking for entries pretty much right away, you might be able to shift the first set of participants around Oct 16-18 and then latecomers would be part of a second shuffle.

Any of these modern religions like those derived from the Christ story and that recent time period of only a couple thousand years ago just don't make any logical sense in Humanities overall timeline so I wouldn't put much stock into it nor allow such silliness to effect the tradition of winter gift giving most agree to call Xmas goes.