IGNORED

New adventure game : MARIA big box numbered

tanuki

21 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Just finished the game on easy.  Son sat and watched and read the manual to me as I played.  My one complaint and maybe it was because I was unlucky but I was stuck with cursed gear the whole game.  Was never able to remove them.  Also only got negative identify scrolls so have no idea what some of the gear was that I couldn’t use.  Not that I could equip it because of the cursed gear. 

Make sure you have plenty of time.  That was a couple hours of play on easy with no way to save.  

How would you rate the game overall after playing for a short time?

1 hour ago, poconojo said:

How would you rate the game overall after playing for a short time?

I enjoyed it.  I went back to it today on normal and played for 3 floors before turning it off because I just didn’t have the hours to put into it today.  It does make you want to go down just one more floor and see what waits for you.   

In several hours of play I still haven’t seen a way to identify an ??? object without equipping it which is risky due to the curse effect.  And I have not found a way to remove a cursed object once equipped.

I’m noticing a screen glitch when I move left on Normal difficulty today. Need to see if I can replicate it.  Was playing on original Intellivision.   Will try on the Intellivision 2.  Doesn’t affect gameplay but was a little annoying.   

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tanuki said:

Thanks for the feedback. Does anybody else have the same glitch ?

Here are images of the glitch.  Replicated on original and Intellivision 2.  Only on Normal difficulty.   Easy does not show the flicker.  And only when I move left.  The extra walls flicker onto the screen with every step left. Like everything is pushed down one row of tiles. 

I still think It’s a good game. 

8FDEEC5F-AD33-43F7-A168-1E015736126C.jpeg

33090C49-F83F-4C54-B684-4049CA1F7227.jpeg

Edited by Sinjinhawke
Deleted movie. It wasn’t playing.
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Jaxivision said:

I didn't order tracking, but I received Maria today.  The outer box was badly damaged, but the game was fine, due to a superb inner packaging effort.

Great !

18 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Here are images of the glitch.  Replicated on original and Intellivision 2.  Only on Normal difficulty.   Easy does not show the flicker.  And only when I move left.  The extra walls flicker onto the screen with every step left. Like everything is pushed down one row of tiles. 

I still think It’s a good game. 

Thank you for the feedback, I'll show this to the dev ;)

18 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Received today.  Outer box was destroyed, but contents were safe:

IMG_20200210_180120.jpg

Whoa ! does it come from WWII ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, mdoerty said:

Mine has finally arrived in the United States and/or passed through Customs.

So it should be arriving soon (fingers crossed).

Interesting that LaPoste says it will require a signature.

Unfortunately I think you'll have to pay customs !

Now we are done with shipping let's talk about a new version of Maria.

We've received a few emails from people who want to buy the game but we have a problem: the standard version of Maria is limited to 92 copies!

We'll not produce any new copy as it's important for us to respect all the gamers who trusted us but we want to allow everybody to buy the game.

Here is a solution we want to offer but we need your feedback! Please comment and tell us what you think about it as first-time buyer or "newcomers" ;) Thanks.

-The new version will not be limited. We will offer a "budget edition" but of quality, even if very simple.
-the game will come in a 16x11x2CM box.
-The box will not be printed, the front and back will be printed on a high-quality sticker.
-the illustration of the front will be different from the standard edition.
-The cart will come with a new label.
-We will replace the manual by a series of small illustrated cards.
-The making-of will remain exclusive to the standard version.

-In the box, we'll put foams to wedge the content.

All these specificities will allow us to publish the game for 25€ ►less than 28US$.

LET'S US BE VERY CLEAR ABOUT THIS VERSION:

We'll not publish this kind of reprints each time. If we can offer this here, it's only because we've sold enough copies of the standard version.  We have to thanks the first buyers so please believe us when we say your feedback is important for us!

• Like 4

I purchased Maria (outstanding game!) and I believe you should go ahead and create your new edition so more people can enjoy the game you all put so much time and effort into. In addition, I would like to put in another vote for LTO Flash! keyed ROM sales. I would be happy to purchase a ROM as well as the game, simply because I enjoy having my library available without having to remove and replace cartridges.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cjherr said:

I purchased Maria (outstanding game!) and I believe you should go ahead and create your new edition so more people can enjoy the game you all put so much time and effort into. In addition, I would like to put in another vote for LTO Flash! keyed ROM sales. I would be happy to purchase a ROM as well as the game, simply because I enjoy having my library available without having to remove and replace cartridges.

I can't wait to get my copy. It is on its way.  I agree that all these games coming out today should have roms available for the LTO flash.Not everyone collects hard copies of games. It would be a shame if only a few people would be able to play these new games.

Edited by poconojo
  • Like 1

If you're going to smaller version.  I suggest the bare minimum having the manual, the smaller size poster map, 1 overlay and cartridge.  Atariage comes with the cartridge and manual minimum.  I absolutely love the manual for Muncher Mouse so I want to experience the full manual of Maria.