IGNORED

Atari Jaguar CD game Gorf for sale!

DarkLord

Okay, I have a bought brand new, never used copy (1 of 2, keeping the other one) of the Atari Jaguar CD game

"Gorf"

up for sale. Normally, I avoid Ebay but after some research and past sales history,

I decided to list this item on Ebay for its potential.

These were released in a limited run, so I hope someone from here gets it.

Good luck all and thanks!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113932293499

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

Everyone who makes games for Jaguar are bat shit insane. Myself included. For real. We are all f@$×ed in the head to some extent I think

No - it doesn't have to be that way.  Plenty of people are into homebrew on this platform and many others, that are actually humble, helpful individuals that don't need to self-aggrandize and cause drama.  At this point in my life I am beyond sick and tired of pompous chest-beaters.  Doesn't matter what the field is - in my experience, it has been: welding, machining, coding, engine building, audio competitions.  Doesn't matter what the field.  There are people at the top of their game that do their work, are humble, and just produce.  Then there are blow hards that think they are top shit when they are really dog shit.  They pound their chests, scream loudly, and produce nothing.  They act like they are better than every one around them, and I am just sick and tired of it.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

No - it doesn't have to be that way.  Plenty of people are into homebrew on this platform and many others, that are actually humble, helpful individuals that don't need to self-aggrandize and cause drama.  At this point in my life I am beyond sick and tired of pompous chest-beaters.  Doesn't matter what the field is - in my experience, it has been: welding, machining, coding, engine building, audio competitions.  Doesn't matter what the field.  There are people at the top of their game that do their work, are humble, and just produce.  Then there are blow hards that think they are top shit when they are really dog shit.  They pound their chests, scream loudly, and produce nothing.  They act like they are better than every one around them, and I am just sick and tired of it.

Um ok. I don't feel like I ever beat my chest or claim to do anything I cant... I was just saying we are all kind of crazy for keeping development going on the Jag after all of these years. This is something I mentioned to somebody else just the other day.  There are very little rewards for your effort and in my experience sometimes you ACTUALLY do your very best and DONT CUT CORNERS and end up proud of what you created because you know you really DID put the effort in and it really was your BEST only to have certain people come in and actually steal that moment from you. Thats the kind of thing that makes you look in the mirror and say to yourself "self, wtf are you even still doing this for? The console died in 1995. Perhaps it's time to seek professional help."

To be honest, I don't only think the developers are crazy at this point I think the majority of the people still into this console are crazy. Again myself included.

But I do get what you are saying about the drama. There ARE a couple of developers who stay out of the drama. They don't start it and it never follows them. I respect those people for that, I really do. 

Geez - I wasn't even attacking Wave!, nor responding to him.  It was a generalization of the topics here.  Jeff, I am sorry - I did not mean to make you feel singled out in that thread.

Also, there was no reason to lock the Road Rash thread because of my post.  I was not taunting Vlad for deciding to go flat shaded polygons look.  If anyone bothered to read, I complimented him on that choice.  I was trying to point out some of the things that others had.  Over promising, being arrogant, etc.  If posting screenshots of original claims, vs what was delivered, to PROVE a point I was making, to back up multiple arguments by many people, is seen as attacking, then I guess it shows that only certain opinions are allowed.

I don't need to ignore any threads here, they are not getting me upset.  If people are this thin skinned, I will gladly stop posting.  Jag forums have been shit for 25 years anyhow.  Yes - I've been in them since 94 when I got mine.  I often wonder why.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VladR said:

Gee, you wonder why ?

It is incredible you actually think nobody sees through your BS :lol:

Good to see your promise to not attack anyone lasted a whole 7 hours.... Did I numberwang that figure correctly?

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Good to see your promise to not attack anyone lasted a whole 7 hours.... Did I numberwang that figure correctly?

Clearly, the deal is off despite me being nice. Once Steven started shitting there, my thread was closed. No amount of reporting or me ignoring attacks changed anything.

I feel like an idiot now who got played.

I shook hands with Albert in good faith :(

Generally, something like this can people pull off with me exactly twice in their life : first and last time.

Sure, go on, report this. I'm sure this will get deleted...

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

Also, there was no reason to lock the Road Rash thread because of my post.  I was not taunting Vlad for deciding to go flat shaded polygons look.  If anyone bothered to read, I complimented him on that choice.  I was trying to point out some of the things that others had.  Over promising, being arrogant, etc.  If posting screenshots of original claims, vs what was delivered, to PROVE a point I was making, to back up multiple arguments by many people, is seen as attacking, then I guess it shows that only certain opinions are allowed.

To be fair, you did go off the deep end with your posts in that thread. Your initial one was fine (commenting on the flat shaded look), but then for some reason you saw it fit to follow up with subsequent posts that only tore the project apart in a disrespectful fashion. People naturally have concerns over where the project is going, but those concerns should be communicated with a little more tact. I can't say I have ever been a fan of Vlad's demeanor on this forum, but I can at least respect that he came through with something.

*edit: 

To the OP, you might want to consider making a thread in the marketplace. There are folks that rarely stumble into the Jaguar section, so if you want more eyeballs on your item, that would be the way to go. Link: https://atariage.com/forums/forum/24-auction-central/

Edited by Austin
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, VladR said:

I feel like an idiot now who got played.

I shook hands with Albert in good faith :(

I suppose you don't know that I haven't even gotten back from PRGE yet, and I've been able to spend only a minimal amount of time on the forum since I departed Portland on Monday. But nice to see you are wasting no time trying to smear my reputation. I will look at the Road Rash thread when I get back home. In the meantime, I am locking this thread. 

@DarkLord, please post this in the Marketplace Forum. 

..Al