IGNORED

Looking for Atari Falcon 030 computer

Dear All,

I am looking for Looking for Atari Falcon 030 computer, and details as follows:

- Must be in box with inserts/foam to make sure that I received safely.

- The computer should be NTSC.

- Modded/upgraded Falcon is preferable.

Shipping to NY-USA and payment by PayPal.

I am new here, and I don't know if I am allowed to put my personal e-mail, so please send me a direct message here in the website.

Regards,

Ibrahim

Be prepared to wait a very long time.  Especially if you want it in box.  Broken Falcons can go for hundreds of dollars on eBay.  So when working ones do show up (they do from time to time), be prepared to pony up some serious cash.  $1200 or more is not unheard of.

cbmeeks is correct.  I paid $1,300 for one of mine and everything worked.  I paid $800 for a Sonovista Falcon but the IDE interface does not work.  The SCSI port does work so I can still boot from a HD.

Sonovista Falcons had custom black case tops and were used for visual displays for television shows.

Edited by SoulBuster

Just now, I purchased Atari 1040 STE 4MB CIB from eBay. However, stilll I am waiting for atari Falcon.

Basically, I want to play original and pure RAMBO III on atari without fake emulations.

Now, I can judge which RAMBO III version is better, Atari ST or Amiga A500.

I will test both once I received the atari ST.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2019 at 2:12 AM, tjlazer said:

One is selling on eRape right now for over $3,000 lol

No one is putting a gun to the buyers head btw.. lol.. Looking forward to selling a bunch of my machines.. I will do deals to local or forum guys.. but not crazy cheaper as I am trying to raise money to pay for this hobby!! :)

James

Pretty amazing.  Three recently sold for $450 each.  Pretty decent for the seller to offer all 3 of them for that NIB price.  Those are pretty fair prices.  Sad how much people expect to get for it.  $4,000?  LOL

falcon sold.JPG

Edited by tjlazer

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:50 AM, tjlazer said:

Pretty amazing.  Three recently sold for $450 each.  Pretty decent for the seller to offer all 3 of them for that NIB price.  Those are pretty fair prices.  Sad how much people expect to get for it.  $4,000?  LOL

falcon sold.JPG

Insane!

I had a saved search notifier going on ebay, but had just stopped it a couple of months ago, probably not too long before this auction, because I was getting too much daily junk. This is my lesson!

I'd have jumped all over this one! Don't think for a minute I'm not kicking myself in the rear-end.

It looks like the same guy bought all three as well, a week apart. It's really surprising that none of us saw those on there over the span of two full weeks and took advantage of it and the same guy was able to come back two more times, probably thinking of turning them around for a decent profit, and buy the other two as well.

Edited by bfollowell

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2019 at 11:11 AM, bfollowell said:

Insane!

I had a saved search notifier going on ebay, but had just stopped it a couple of months ago, probably not too long before this auction, because I was getting too much daily junk. This is my lesson!

I'd have jumped all over this one! Don't think for a minute I'm not kicking myself in the rear-end.

It looks like the same guy bought all three as well, a week apart. It's really surprising that none of us saw those on there over the span of two full weeks and took advantage of it and the same guy was able to come back two more times, probably thinking of turning them around for a decent profit, and buy the other two as well.

Waiting with a large box of popcorn for him to resell them for thousands of dollars.   SIGH

11 hours ago, tjlazer said:

Waiting with a large box of popcorn for him to resell them for thousands of dollars.   SIGH

I don't blame him or her if they do. I'd have probably done the same. I would've kept one, then put the other two up with a starting bid of $750 each and let the chips fall where they may.

I also have a good plan for what I'd do if I won the lottery too, which is just about as likely to happen as for me to come across a deal like those Falcons!

On 10/28/2019 at 5:03 PM, Sniper22477 said:

Just now, I purchased Atari 1040 STE 4MB CIB from eBay. However, stilll I am waiting for atari Falcon.

Basically, I want to play original and pure RAMBO III on atari without fake emulations.

Dear All,

Thank you for your comments on this post.

Regrdless, that I am a crazy MSX fan, and one of Amiga users since 80s, however, let me tell you my final observation on testing the following computers: 

- MSX Panasonic turbo R GT

- Amiga A500

- Atari 1040 STE (4MB)

I am not a technical expert and for me, it doesn't mean that a computer with better specifications should be the best.

Overall, and after testing several games on all computers, I think Atari ST 1040 STE is the best, and I don’t know why I didn’t buy this computer before. No need to go more in deep details and why I said that, just try all together and you will know, specifically the sound.

I registered here to know Atari computers in detail and also because I want to buy Atari Falcon. Moreover, I love Atari 2600 and I respect the Atari logo a lot.

To all Atari fans on this site, you are lucky that you enjoyed the Atari computers more than others.

Finally, now I realized why Atari is one of the greatest brands of all time.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Goochman said:

Lets us know your thoughts on the Falcon.  The 1040 STE will be more compatible with ST software than the Falcon, but the Falcon was the last and fastest of the ST breed.

Curious how much it set you back?

Sure ... Just purchased Falcon 030 and it might take 2 weeks or so to arrive.

When I purchased ST 1040, I realized the power of atari computers compare to MSX and Amiga, and I am sure that Falcon is different level ... no doubt.

I promise you to write a full post with pictures about my Falcon Studio, just wait and you will see, I promise that this will be a world class studio. 

On 10/28/2019 at 7:03 AM, Sniper22477 said:

Here is a rare NTSC version of Rambo III for the ST!  All the ones I found online were PAL.

https://mega.nz/#!KyBliIpT!8hhGCmljkcxPY7bR9CnyZ97gUrrakw2vEXdttAF24N0

Edited by tjlazer