IGNORED

Atari 1040 STF with RF modulator that is not working

VThomas

Hi -  I recently purchased an Atari 1040 STF. Upon looking at photos of it before purchase (some of which I have attached here), I saw it appears to have an RF modulator in it. However, when it arrived and I tried hooking it up to my TV via the modulator, my TV does not recognize any signal coming through (I am using the same cable and input on my TV that my Atari 8-bit machines work fine with). I am able to successfully hook the 1040STF up to an Atari SM124.  While I know that aftermarket RF modulators exist, does anyone have any experience with them and does this look like one, if anyone has seen one before?  I am assuming that since this is an STF it must be an aftermarket job (as is the case paint job). I greatly appreciate any help/suggestions as I was greatly hoping to use the modulator with my TV. Thank you very much. 

A43F8DC0-5CCD-4E78-9F4A-C6638FEF3BCD.png

2C40E596-3FA8-497B-9210-26137450E2A7.png

89E9216C-2E86-4D72-9B03-2B48676DEC14.png

That looks like one of the stock RF Modulators used by Atari.

Any other information you can give would be helpful. Is the power light coming on? Are you getting a White screen or is it just blank?

Is the power supply working?

Hello – thank you for responding. The power light to the ST is coming on, however the power light to the drive is not, and the drive does not spin or make any noise. I get no display whatsoever, neither on the Atari Hi-Rez monitor nor on the TV when plugged into the RF modulator. Just a black screen. I had thought maybe the RF modulator was after market because the model is a 1040STF not a STFM, but there is indeed an RF modulator.  The power supply to the ST itself does appear to be working, as the ST will power on. Thank you!

Edited by VThomas

• 2 weeks later...