IGNORED

Fathom Competition

Jason_Atari

Am I the only person who cares that "octopuses" is not the correct plural form? 

Octopi was actually a word in my grade one reading book (each chapter of which covered a different animal). 

Back on topic, is there any information that the prize was ever awarded, e.g. a notice in the Imagic "Numb Thumb" newsletter? 

3 hours ago, jhd said:

Am I the only person who cares that "octopuses" is not the correct plural form? 

Octopi was actually a word in my grade one reading book (each chapter of which covered a different animal). 

Back on topic, is there any information that the prize was ever awarded, e.g. a notice in the Imagic "Numb Thumb" newsletter? 

Not true.

I'm pulling from the Oxford English Dictionary here:

The standard plural in English of octopus is octopuses. However, the word octopus comes from Greek and the Greek plural form octopodes is still occasionally used. The plural form octopi, formed according to rules for some Latin plurals, is incorrect.

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2019 at 9:04 AM, Jason_Atari said:

Not sure if this has been posted before but i came across this imagic competition for fathom. Interesting that it incorporated the ad in the competition.

This is cool!   Its a clever way to get the reader to focus very hard on the marketing.