IGNORED

Book :: We Love Atari - Volume 1 & 2 (Update)

Zafinn Books

Hello!

Sold out (again!)  ?

I've updated the website and Twitter feed (you can view the Twitter feed without signing up), but here is the update for AA lurkers:

• New stock arriving early November.
  • 25 "Double Packs" of Volume 1 and 2 will be available after many requests.  Save on Shipping.
  • A limited amount of singles copies of both Volume One and Two will also be available if anybody missed a specific book.
  • Ordering will be available through the website again as soon as stock comes in (early November)
  • Limited availability means it is first come first served.
  • Last orders for Christmas delivery will be taken on November 29th, no exceptions.
  • *Special Atari Corp poster with each order as a Christmas present from me!

Thank you again to everyone who ordered a book, your support of this little project was a wonderful example of the Atari spirit.

atarimemorabilia1.png

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, eightbitwhit said:

Thanks for this post, as I'm definitely wanting to get a set of these books.  Will you post back here when stock is replenished, or is there another way to be notified?  Otherwise, I'm left to do the "F5 derby" every day in hopes I don't miss out.  

Same here.  Mailing list or anything for updates?

• Like 1

Hello again,

@ eightbitwhit and @ Captain Kiwi - I will post right here as soon as the ordering page is online again (as in the stock has arrived at the same time!).  I am expecting an update later this week from the printer (it was a holiday today in Ireland), but I hope to have stock in by week of the 4th November.

As I said above, I have 25 "double packs" which will be available and a limited number of single copies of both volumes.  I have had about 30 people contact me via the website to hold copies or pre-pay, but it will be first come first served until the end of November (when I take last orders for Christmas delivery in 2019).

Appreciate the interest and support here from AA members.  And I laughed at "F5 Derby" ?

• Like 2

Monday 3rd November at 6pm I will take orders from the website www.zafinnbooks.com

Please check the website for pricing and availability at that time. Last orders for Christmas (and 2019) will taken on the 29th November while stocks last.  Last Print run for a while unless there is further demand later in 2020.

Thanks everyone!
  • Like 1

Do you mean Sunday Nov. 3rd or Monday Nov 4th?

6PM in which timezone?

Thanks!

Monday 3rd November at 6pm I will take orders from the website www.zafinnbooks.com   Please check the website for pricing and availability at that time. Last orders for Christmas (and 2019) will taken on the 29th November while stocks last.  Last Print run for a while unless there is further demand later in 2020.   Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Last update of 2019:

FYI - Only a very very limited number of "Double Packs" of the book are now available, response has been overwhelming this evening.  Still a good stock of single copies of Volume One, and a dwindling stock of Volume Two.  This is the last print run this year, and perhaps for a while.  Last orders (if stock available) for Christmas delivery is 29th November.

Thank you to all of you who have bought a copy, and to all the kind words and feedback I have had from people here.

P.S. I've had countless e-mails asking about the Atari badges and stickers, so I might offer a nice "Atari Pack" of goodies for sale on the site next year.

• Like 1

For the tightwads among us who can't decide between buying the books or feeding the children this week (1), is it possible for you to put a small extract of the book for us to download?
A sampler may help us to make the right decision at a future date.

Note 1: I exaggerate, they get feed at least once a week :)

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 4:18 AM, stepho said:

For the tightwads among us who can't decide between buying the books or feeding the children this week (1), is it possible for you to put a small extract of the book for us to download?
A sampler may help us to make the right decision at a future date.

Note 1: I exaggerate, they get feed at least once a week :)

Hi Stepho,

I would definately buy these books before feeding, clothing or providing any other necessities of daily life to your children (1).  But if you need a helping hand to decide which is more important, I will put a few pages on this thread on the weekend for you...

(1) - That said, feeding once a week is already generous enough ?

• Haha 1

On 11/11/2019 at 9:18 PM, stepho said:

Well, the cynic inside me wants to point out that there are social agencies that will assist with feeding your children, but none (insofar as I am aware) that will support your video game collection. Therefore the purely rational economic choice is to spend the money on games and have someone else take care of your offspring. 

Note that I, personally, have chosen to forego interpersonal relationships in favour of video game collecting so I will never have to make decisions like this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1