IGNORED

Venture Reloaded

Omegamatrix

ZeroPage Homebrew will be checking out Venture Reloaded (Exclusive Retail Premiere) on tomorrow's (Tue May 18, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

2131415952_20210518-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.0e3ddcb5fa4af6dea17eb4d8f579b0c4.jpg

• Like 1

James, I wasn't able to catch the stream but enjoyed the replay. Glad to see Nathan's label too. It's pretty sharp and I love the gloss look with the sharpness of the graphics. The whole concept of the characters popping out and above the plane was well done.

I like how for the most part both of you were able to get far, but then the difficulty leaves something more to go back and finish. Thanks for showing Venture Reloaded.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Omegamatrix said:

James, I wasn't able to catch the stream but enjoyed the replay. Glad to see Nathan's label too. It's pretty sharp and I love the gloss look with the sharpness of the graphics. The whole concept of the characters popping out and above the plane was well done.

I like how for the most part both of you were able to get far, but then the difficulty leaves something more to go back and finish. Thanks for showing Venture Reloaded.

You're so welcome! I'm looking forward to playing it again on the show, I know I can complete the game with just a few more plays (or more). The difficulty ramps up at just the right speed to make it challenging but still a ton of fun. Again, superb job on the game and 100% a must buy!!

- James

• 6 months later...
On 10/23/2019 at 11:30 PM, Omegamatrix said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, 

As seen at PRGE and on ZeroPage Homebrew, this is Venture Reloaded.

812951545_TreasureScreen.thumb.png.3155cb2c9dff7159dfcb9eb5a83cd8ed.png  1939564899_Level3.thumb.png.18c19dc1bb64e7f1812099c033df216e.png

765933673_SkeletonRoom.thumb.png.b86f9015efbb3802741a130fd93a8fb8.png1767012523_TrollRoom.thumb.png.469b7ddaf44ad9309f653ca694e5f5d4.png

NEW - Dec 14, 2019 - Latest and greatest rom RC3 is below!!!

Venture Reloaded (RC3).zip 50.51 kB · 750 downloads

This is a hack, not a homebrew. Everything has been updated and new content has been added. The earliest a cart release will happen is next year through AtariAge.

If you are using Stella than you must enable Phosphor to eliminate flicker. This is found in the display tab of the game properties.

Phosphor.png.8ed2bf4561c4209f3d12ccb41309ad7c.png

You can also configure Stella to use a SaveKey to auto-save your highscore. In the controller change the P1 controller to SaveKey.

SaveKey.png.1f35e941a292720e3becc693c9ce968a.png

Have fun with this!!! If you do get all the treasures please be sure to post a picture of the Treasure Screen in a spoiler with your score. Congrats to all who participated in this challenge. We have now passed the cut-off date for entries. ?

How can I transfer my stella save file to my SaveKey on my physical atari?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello Friends,

If you already didn't know AtariAge is having a Last Chance Sale on many, many games including Venture Reloaded. Before we get into details I whole heartedly want to thank Al for his support in making the game available in the first place, Nathan for all his amazing artwork, and everyone else for their love and appreciation of Venture Reloaded. It's been a wonderful ride and I am glad that those who initially wanted a physical copy had a chance to do so.

Right now we are going through a pivotal moment at AtariAge. It doesn't have to be bad, it doesn't have to be good, but it will be different... all I can say is that this game will never be published again. I certainly do feel for anyone who becomes aware of this game in the future and wants a copy. Unfortunately, the ship will already have sailed. You're just too late.

It's ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Any materials left over is getting thrown onto a two story bonfire and we are all going to sing Kumbaya. This is the end.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

• 7 months later...

Having played the 2600 official release, the Colecovision release and the Intellivision release and C64 release, this is the definitive 8bit console version of Venture.  Not good for a 2600 port. The best 8 bit home port I'm aware of and played. Congratulations on the release. I hope the final version will eventually be released.

17 hours ago, christo930 said:

Having played the 2600 official release, the Colecovision release and the Intellivision release and C64 release, this is the definitive 8bit console version of Venture.  Not good for a 2600 port. The best 8 bit home port I'm aware of and played. Congratulations on the release. I hope the final version will eventually be released.

It was released on the AtariAge store. It has since been removed. There were copyright issues.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Zoyx said:

It was released on the AtariAge store. It has since been removed. There were copyright issues.

Just because you cannot release the game on Atariage doesn't mean you cannot release the game at all.  Even if AA was the only game in town for selling new games, it could still be finished and released as PD in the forum.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, christo930 said:

Just because you cannot release the game on Atariage doesn't mean you cannot release the game at all.  Even if AA was the only game in town for selling new games, it could still be finished and released as PD in the forum.

Looks like you missed the release window. What does PD mean? If you are looking for a download, you can try the RC3 version. It's the complete game.

• Like 2

On 2/19/2024 at 3:12 PM, Zoyx said:

Looks like you missed the release window. What does PD mean? If you are looking for a download, you can try the RC3 version. It's the complete game.

Public domain.  Or at least give the ROM away with a limited license to prevent copies showing up on ebay for a big price. 

But there are plenty of websites selling legitimate homebrew games in cooperation with the developer.  Atariage is big and has a good presence, but there are other people offering games for sale.

What I am essentially asking is why abandon the project just because AA is owned by Atari and cannot sell un-lincesed games?  There are other avenues for sale.  A lot of the software is offered both as a free ROM and the ability to buy the game on cartridge for collectors and people who just want to support the developer.

Just look at youtube.  Millions (at least hundreds of thousands) of people give money to their favorite youtuber every month or every episode through channel subscriptions, patreon and superthanks.  If people are willing to pay their hard earned money to listen to a narcissist chin-wag for 20 minutes, I would think they would gladly support their favorite homebrew developer.

Finally, developing games for the Atari 2600 is just never going to be a big money maker.  It's good money when you're stealing it, like by burning eprom chips and putting it in a  cartridge to sell on ebay, but only because all the hard work of developing the game has already been done by someone else.  Once you account for programming time and all the other things that go into producing a good product, there just isn't a lot of money in it.  They are primarily labors of love.  Frankly, I think just regular e-begging on their part would be far more profitable.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2023 at 9:04 PM, Omegamatrix said:

Hello Friends,

If you already didn't know AtariAge is having a Last Chance Sale on many, many games including Venture Reloaded. Before we get into details I whole heartedly want to thank Al for his support in making the game available in the first place, Nathan for all his amazing artwork, and everyone else for their love and appreciation of Venture Reloaded. It's been a wonderful ride and I am glad that those who initially wanted a physical copy had a chance to do so.

Right now we are going through a pivotal moment at AtariAge. It doesn't have to be bad, it doesn't have to be good, but it will be different... all I can say is that this game will never be published again. I certainly do feel for anyone who becomes aware of this game in the future and wants a copy. Unfortunately, the ship will already have sailed. You're just too late.

It's ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Any materials left over is getting thrown onto a two story bonfire and we are all going to sing Kumbaya. This is the end.

Did read the above post? No more cartridges. Your only choices are multicart (e.g. Harmony), Stella, or find someone to make a reproduction. Albert can make reproductions, but I doubt he'll do this game.

That many cartridges were no longer going to be available is exactly why I nabbed myself one of Venture Reloaded in the Last Chance Sale.

I am wondering though if Champ Games might be interested in a collaboration with the creators in this case, and offer physical cartridges though their online catalogue?

Amazing arcade ports are certainly something they excel at, and Venture Reloaded certainly would qualify as exceptional.

One can always hope a physical cartridge will be available again in the future, but as others have said the game ROM is posted here in this topic and can be played on a Harmony, Retron 77 or a PC though Stella.

Edited by Tavi
  • Like 1