Omegamatrix

Venture Reloaded

Just checked my ROM collection, it turned out I still had the RC1 version of it, so I just downloaded the updated RC3 version of it, and I will upload that to my Flashback 9/Harmony Encore SD card later this morning and then I'll film my review for the 2600 Edition of The Atari Report for air tomorrow, so watch for it!!!

BTW, on the 5200 Edition I will be featuring yet another gem from @playsoft, Scramble for the Atari 5200 SuperSystem!!!

.....and then maybe I'll turn the tables on the next episodes of TAR and do Scramble for the 2600 and that already-mentioned 5200 version of Venture I have so you can see it in action and see that yes one DOES exist (please guys, don't ask for that particular ROM after all I don't want to wind up getting banned after all these years! 😉)

• Like 2

Both episodes have already been filmed, it's just now a matter of both compiling, combining and editing the footage, and adding in the narration during the gameplay, but in these two episodes, I just wish I would've done better in my playing them as much as I've gotten great at reviewing them, but that time will eventually come when I just might have to do an shorter edit of a game review in regards to the gameplay itself, once I get my skills of old, You might think that I might've been going at it for about an hour on it, like I used to during my days in high school at Erikson Center in 1982-84!!!

The episodes will be uploaded either later tonight or early tomorrow morning, but I think you'll be impressed, I will even give full credit where full credit is due and mention the programmers of both of these great arcade classics, @Omegamatrix for Venture Reloaded for the 2600, and @playsoft for the 5200 version of Scramble.

Well, I've gotta get something to eat right about now, so we'll see you later tonight with the 2 all-new episodes of The Atari Report!!!

• Like 1

I played this one on my Harmony cart and love it. I'd like to add a cart of this to my Galagon and Wizard of Wor Arcade carts that should be on the way soon.

It should be in the next batch of AA releases. Design is 99.9% done, so now it just comes down to Al's hard sweat equity. However, this was the purpose of building the clone army so it should be in good hands, many hands...

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Omegamatrix said:

It should be in the next batch of AA releases. Design is 99.9% done, so now it just comes down to Al's hard sweat equity. However, this was the purpose of building the clone army so it should be in good hands, many hands...

Yep, everything will be going to the printers soon!  Boxes, manuals, and labels.  For some games, posters.  For some Jaguar games, one has a soundtrack CD and another has a set of postcards that will be included.  Deepstone Catacomb has a nice, two-sided flyer the author created, which will be included with the game and as a flyer with orders for a while, got that in last week.  It's all coming together, can't wait to have everything in hand!  :D

..Al 

• Like 4

I was digging through boxes and came across this. Completely forgot I had these, and it brought back a flood of memories which made me smile so I thought I would post it.

20200925_193552.thumb.jpg.ee7c78b026a8ce6dcbfdf159588edb0d.jpg

20200925_194100.thumb.jpg.7194a94f34168a3ff6f751992bee39ea.jpg

These overlays are all for Atari carts. Growing up though I had a Colecovision. I remember the Colecovision carts had very similar French overlays which came in the boxes. Seeing the ones I collected later in life for Atari made me feel nostalgic. 

I love the Venture overlay. I played Venture for the Colecovision for hours on end as a kid. It's a special game for me and a big part of what drove me to create Venture Reloaded. There's no way that I could have made the effort that I did for it without a real love for the game. Just wouldn't have happened.

My one regret is that I don't have my original Colecovision cartridge. What happened is my family moved to a different province when I was teenager. I left a little bit earlier than the rest of my family so that I could start high school on time. When my family arrived I learned that the Colecovision had gotten tossed in the moving purge. Perhaps now Venture Reloaded is redemption for its loss, and it lives again in spirit.

• Like 5