IGNORED

192 in 1 multi cart

rietveld

I bought one from ebay a month ago. It contains almost all released games. The only big one missing is donkey kong. There are a few duplicates and some questionable homebrews (unfinished games) but overall it is a very good product given the price of original cartdridges. I was overwellmed by the number of games so I made a catalog to print if anyone is interrested.

Page 1/12

HzW6xXM.jpg

Colecovision 192 in 1 catalog.pdf Colecovision 192 in 1 catalog.xlsx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hino said:

I bought one from ebay a month ago. It contains almost all released games. The only big one missing is donkey kong. There are a few duplicates and some questionable homebrews (unfinished games) but overall it is a very good product given the price of original cartdridges. I was overwellmed by the number of games so I made a catalog to print if anyone is interrested.

Page 1/12

HzW6xXM.jpg

Colecovision 192 in 1 catalog.pdf 832.51 kB · 1 download Colecovision 192 in 1 catalog.xlsx 463.8 kB · 1 download

Thank you.   

For my own personal curiosity...why would someone choose one of these 192-in-1 dip-switch multi-carts...versus the Atarimax ColecoVision Ultimate SD cart?  Is it simply the price difference, or are they not aware of the Atarimax cart's existence?  I realize that the Atarimax is a bit more expensive (but it's retro gaming...it's not exactly a cheap hobby to begin with)...but with being able to add new games to it, (including a lot of the great, and ever-increasing number of modern homebrews)...and it's on-screen game selection menu (vs. dip-switches)...it surprises me that the dip-switch style of carts are still even around.  Again, just my curiosity.  

1 hour ago, doubledown said:

For my own personal curiosity...why would someone choose one of these 192-in-1 dip-switch multi-carts...versus the Atarimax ColecoVision Ultimate SD cart?  Is it simply the price difference, or are they not aware of the Atarimax cart's existence?  I realize that the Atarimax is a bit more expensive (but it's retro gaming...it's not exactly a cheap hobby to begin with)...but with being able to add new games to it, (including a lot of the great, and ever-increasing number of modern homebrews)...and it's on-screen game selection menu (vs. dip-switches)...it surprises me that the dip-switch style of carts are still even around.  Again, just my curiosity.  

For some people price is king.

I agree that I think the Atarimax is the better investment, but as I am seeing with a lot of the Phoenix posts some people don't really understand how to get the files and place them on an SD card so the cheaper price and not having to add games appeals to some people.

4 hours ago, doubledown said:

Its price for me.  I collect alot of systems and need to be smart with what i buy.  The Adam is awesome but its not my only retro system

Here is my basement

I https://imgur.com/gallery/A1zeJzJ

What's in my basement? https://imgur.com/gallery/5hEZ7wP

I need to clean the back basement https://imgur.com/gallery/5eHUK7X

Why not Atarimax?  For me,  I'm an Atari guy.  I have Harmony cart for my 2600s.  I have Atarimax flashcarts for my 8bit computers as well as an sdrive max.  I'm  into it and want everything, including homebrews,  hacks,  ability to update things.  Colecovision?  Wanted it when it was released when I was in high school.  Couldn't get one.  Bought one years later at liquidation prices because I just wanted a couple games like Turbo and Venture and Burger Time that I loved in the arcades but that didn't exist on Atari.  I just got into playing with CV again this past winter after it had been boxed up forever.   The 192-in-1 gives me a chance to check out the bulk of CV games at a cheap price. Once I get through playing them all (I'm only halfway) ,  I'll probably pack up the CV and put it aside for several years while I get back to my Atari stuff. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2021 at 3:58 AM, rietveld said:

He is currently out of stock but I understand that he will be making more.   I think that France has been hit hard with Covid and slowed things down there

I messaged the seller to see the when these carts would be in stock again - bad news!:

hello

Our workshop and our house burned down on the night of 16 April. We are doing what is necessary to close the sales of all our products, the responses to emails will be complicated, we will get back to you as soon as possible, you can see our actuality on our facebook page retroelectronik

our apologies and take safe”

On 4/26/2021 at 9:04 AM, zaphro72 said:

For some people price is king.

I agree that I think the Atarimax is the better investment, but as I am seeing with a lot of the Phoenix posts some people don't really understand how to get the files and place them on an SD card so the cheaper price and not having to add games appeals to some people.

It’s not rocket science. Copying a file to an SD Card is no different that copying a file to a 5 1/4” disk, a hard drive, a USB stick, etc., etc. as I know you are well aware. To me, it’s just simple laziness and not wanting to do one of the most basic functions of using a computer.

There was a time and place for these dip switch MultiCarts, but that time has passed and if one doesn’t own a Phoenix, then the AtariMax Ultimate SD MultiCart is the only option that should be considered especially since there are a LARGE number of games available in rom format that were supplied on MegaCart PCBs that can only be played with the AtariMax, Phoenix or Emulator.

Rom files are easy enough to find on here and numerous other site that can easily be found with a search, but cvaddict.com will take care of most needs.

• Like 2