IGNORED

3DS survival horror title pending in 2019?

ultima

I have been following this development for about a year now and it looks like Silent Hill with some nice enhancements to that type of gameplay. http://silverfallsgame.com/

The gamestudio behind it are now having problems with Nintendo over getting it into the eshop. Maybe just a little more awareness in the gaming community might change the big N's mind. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks you for making me aware of this game. It looks awesome.

34-768x461.png

This could totally be from Silent Hill 1.

The only poitn that bothers me is reading " Every fight with enemies can be a fatal encounter " I played most survival horro games of the era they name, and it was far from the truth. But that could be simply to emphasis on the survival aspect, or just to point out that running away is always an option (how many times have I seen survival horror games that force you to fight monsters yet having mechanics that make each encounter deadly... I'm looking at you, Silent Hill Origins!)

• Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 12:37 PM, CatPix said:

Thanks you for making me aware of this game. It looks awesome.

34-768x461.png

This could totally be from Silent Hill 1.

The only poitn that bothers me is reading " Every fight with enemies can be a fatal encounter " I played most survival horro games of the era they name, and it was far from the truth. But that could be simply to emphasis on the survival aspect, or just to point out that running away is always an option (how many times have I seen survival horror games that force you to fight monsters yet having mechanics that make each encounter deadly... I'm looking at you, Silent Hill Origins!)

I agree. Games with quick time events are all garbage tomb raider reboot comes to mind. SH Origins is a sad excuse of a game in the original Silent Hill you could kill all the enemies in an area and then wander around and enjoy the atmosphere but in that crap game they just keep regenerating. Another garbage point is the original game was inspired by the movie Jacobs Ladder where the protagonist can't control going to his own hell but in that trash origins he can jump in and out of the mirrors.

Anyway, I do look forward to a non roguelike silent hill style game in 3d. The developer Sungrand Studios has been given the green light and they are shooting for a December release with 2 more games following it. 

Interesting point on the mirrors.

I don't mind QTE when they are "natural" in the flow of the game. QTE in God of War are well made and flows in naturally; mostly because they use the buttons in an explained and predictible way. QTE in a Slent Hill could get interesting (there are a few in Downpour, but rarely and always in scene where it add tension, and they are usually using X and O, if I recall right ).

I didn't remmeber they kept regenerating, but indeed it's because I ran away from monsters just because they were always a promise for a quick stupid death.

The mirror thing was very interesting IMO, but only because it promised for great, intricate puzzles but only resulted in weak "puzzles" that even a Resident Evil game would be ashamed of.

It was ultimately wasted since as soon as you were stuck in game, you hop in a mirror, destroying the interest of the mechanic.

It's good news they got a green light! I hope they'll port their game on another platform, maybe later if the game works. If they work. I hope it will be a physical release, too :U

I thought 3ds has been dead for like 2 years now. I love mine, but no new games kind of puts a kink in things.

Love it's 3d, and this is the type of thing that can be done justice in good 3d. Just to bad about the hardcore limit on adventures and fps, that could have been the systems selling point.