IGNORED

8 Bit Guy at Portland Retro Gaming Expo

coolio

This is one of his videos that I couldn't finish.  Never really been into "phreaking".

He rarely gives non Commodore computers the time of day.  With the exception of a few early DOS machines which he always mentions his game.  Or, restoration videos. 

He did a video on how graphics worked that included some Apple II stuff but that was about it.

And he's barely mentioned the TI...despite being from Texas.  lol

I guess because it's a 16 bit computer and he's not the 16-Bit Guy?

• Sad 1

I read in his blog that he started refurbishing old Mac computers because he only knew about Mac, and made videos about it. He had success and even sold them, so he started doing more and more videos, and started getting other computers. So it's only matter of time before he dedicates some time to other computers.

Besides, it is not like there's a lack of videos about C64 or TI on other channels ;)

• Like 1

On 10/25/2019 at 1:35 PM, nanochess said:

I read in his blog that he started refurbishing old Mac computers because he only knew about Mac, and made videos about it. He had success and even sold them, so he started doing more and more videos, and started getting other computers. So it's only matter of time before he dedicates some time to other computers.

Besides, it is not like there's a lack of videos about C64 or TI on other channels ;)

True. Search “iBook Guy” to see his early stuff. He was a phone tech support guy then moved on to selling used iBooks. That led to being “The iBook Guy” which led to 8-bit guy.

https://youtu.be/fA6DP7wTY7U

He’d probably do a few TI-99/4 episodes if one of you geezers in Texas helped him out — knowledge wise. David Murray (8-bit Guy) lives in Kennedale which is in DFW, south-East of Fort Worth.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2019 at 2:35 PM, nanochess said:

So it's only matter of time before he dedicates some time to other computers.

Well, we're still waiting on the conclusion of the Commodore documentary.  He was supposed to cover the Amiga and PC compatibles, IIRC.

What really annoys me is that he actually owns an original TI-99/4 (no A) that I saw once.  Still, barely a mention. 

I have this feeling that he won't cover the TI or won't cover it fairly.  He's a huge VIC-20 fan (as am I) and we all know that the TI and VIC were pretty much main competitors.  So I don't see him being fair about it.