IGNORED

Season 9 ~ Week 11 ~ Spooky Week!

Vocelli

5 minutes ago, gbag said:

Hey OldmanG....I don’t think this score should count.... you still have a life left...for this game the score should only count on game over....what do you guys think??

That is game over.  Once you beat it you're done.  At least I couldn't continue when I did.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pat Larocque said:

Frankenstein's Monster  -  1,880

Halloween  -  50,625

Not sure I can get any better on Frankenstein but almost positive I can get a little further on Halloween with more time and patience!

20191028_103806[1].jpg

20191028_105649[1].jpg

This score shouldn’t count either because it isn’t game over yet... the little guy is on the front right of screen.  I don’t care what the decision is... but we should decide if we accept scores before game over for Frankenstein.  Cheers...G

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gbag said:

This score shouldn’t count either because it isn’t game over yet... the little guy is on the front right of screen.  I don’t care what the decision is... but we should decide if we accept scores before game over for Frankenstein.  Cheers...G

The game ends when the timer expires, regardless of lives left.

• Like 4

Just now, gbag said:

You are correct...my bad...I should do my research first before I post!!!

Meh ... its a learning curve, no worries! Ive had to figure out half of these games along the way, too. What I have found personally helpful is Atari Age having a robust selection of game manuals that I read in their entirety before I begin playing title here. ;-)

• Like 1

Frankenstein's Monster: 3630 (beat it!)

Halloween: 4725

Commentary

Frankenstein's Monster: I always liked this game and thought the concept is cool (and still do!)... then I paid attention to the score for the first time! Holy smokes, that's brutal! Lose a life? -200! Get hit by stuff, especially the god damn bats? -points! Fall down the pit (-100), then get hit by a spider (-20?), THEN drown in the water (-200)? -320! On the other hand, first time I ever trapped him! Bonus, if you have a color changing LED, I recommend making it green to get into the theme for this one. :)

Halloween: Can I do better than 4725? Absolutely! Do I want to? No. :)

2600-11-season9-frankensteinsMonster01.jpg

2600-11-season9-halloween01.png

• Like 4